Who remembers Penistone Road

hondababe

at langsett school .... it would be nice to hear from anyone who remembers miss booth ,mr ward and the headteacher mr ford. his shoulders were as wide as a door way. back in the day my familiy lived in front of presto tools

Hi Hondababe I remember all those teachers and more. Except Mr Ward although there was a Mr Wade. I went there 67 to 72.

• 1 month later...
here is a scan of the same part of penistone road, as in the 1925 directory.

In post #8, old tup mentioned a pawn shop. I seem to remember one on penistone road, but it was on the other (river don) side, and a bit further up, nearer to livesey street. Does anyone remember this shop?

there was a pawn shop at the bottom of bamforth street.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi heidifreya, yes my surname is martin. My Great Grandmother used to live in the first house up caple st on the left, then my Aunt & Uncle lived there after she died.

well if it aint stewart martin how yer doin stew .some time since we met ,u moved down south post me

the cafe was on the corner of burton st and penistone rd

My uncle worked at Weir Head garage for a while, and it is indeed, long gone.

weir head garage building is still there its now a sex shop next building is hillborough fences presto now almost gone pawn shop was corner of bamforth now john quinn ex wednesday player sandwich shop building next to hacksaws is there enjoying this