Who remembers Penistone Road

Used to get my hair cut at Lightening Freds. Shop was between Barrack and I think there was a glass fronted cafe on the corner of Bamforth and Penistone Road. Worked at Daniel Doncasters from '65-'82. Bought my paper at "Mac's" every morning.

I did a little time at Doncasters around 1977/78 in the 1,500 ton press shop

ps

It seemed to be on fire more than it was working :-)

Big John, Fred, and Pat were the three shift COD's

The person who left me a message Im sorry I cant help with your enquiry I cant recall what you asked.Im losing it where am I What day is it who am I?.

I remember a pie and pea shop on a corner of a street off Penistone Rd I forget the name it was round about where Montys Motors is does anybody remember.

wards tripe shop sold pies peas black pudding and cow heel

wards tripe shop sold pies peas black pudding and cow heel

yummy sounds good to me:D:D:D

Hi E. sorry for delay not been on for ages, My name is Stewart, youngest of three Terry & June my elders. I was sorry to hear about Bill Parkin I wondered what had become of him. We lived in Poole for over 7 years were did he live?

ps

It seemed to be on fire more than it was working :-)

are you a patteson from high house terrace ? from dave brumpton

While researching my family history I have found that my ancestors settled in this area (Bamforth street/Burton Street/Capel Street etc) about 1875.

One reletive is said to have lived on High House Road for which I cannot find a record. does anyone know where it was or if it was mistaken for High House terrace.

I have a map of the area in 1903 which indicates a road from Cuthbert bank road to the bottom of Bamforth street adjacent to High House but it is not named although there were houses there. Could anyone confirm if this was the missing road

The remnants of High House Brewery are still there at the bottom of Burton Street

definately high house rooad

The pie shop was on the corner of Driffield St, the owners were Mr & Mrs Ward. Correction to my last thread, the shop was still open when they were going round in the van.

are you a hollaway?

who remembers the sandwichshop next door to the new barrack tavern. the original building is still there on penistone rd...! I was a nipper back in the day and remember many things on and around penistone road. when the houses were to be demolished i left the area wen i was eight.

in the 50.s it was a grocers shop run by joyce and benny cresswell

Used to get my hair cut at Lightening Freds. Shop was between Barrack and I think there was a glass fronted cafe on the corner of Bamforth and Penistone Road. Worked at Daniel Doncasters from '65-'82. Bought my paper at "Mac's" every morning.

the cafe was on the corner of burton st and penistone rd