Urgent help wanted for a 15yr jack russell *sorted*

Urgent help required , i have committed myself to picking up a 15yr old boy tommorrow as he is going to be pts mon ,is there anyone who could give the poor old lad a happy ending, Anyone wanting the full story on this lad please pm me .asap. all i want is to save him (no adoption )

67186_119599758106709_100001700572556_138964_7754832_s.jpg

What about the Small Terrier rescue on here Nigel?

Or the Oldies Club may help - once they know what his temprement is like.

Poor old guy - what a waste for him.

Ill give them a try Jacq ,I cant believe his owner has had him for 15yr then when he rang the pound for his dog (after it had strayed),When he was told he would be charged to get his dog back he said"put it to sleep save me a job & money".

Do you have contact details for these places Jacq ?

Some people really don't deserve pets :(

I wish I could help but OH is concerned about the possible vet bills of a dog that age and we just haven't the funds to meet them :( I really hope there is a happy outcome for this boy

Pets - search on the net for the oldies club

and if you search on the forum for terrier, one of their members has joined sf.

If you get him checked over by the vet when you get him out P@H - find out if he's healthy - maybe Gwyneth would foster him for you?

Gwyneth - if its vet fees thats worrying you for this little man - I am sure there is something that we could do to help between Pets at Home and I. Terriers are tough cookies and there is very little that goes wrong with them. If he's got to this age and he's healthy - odds are he will last a while yet.

Talk to Nigel and see - if you can help the little man - we will do all we can to help too.

I think Girlytrude (sp?) on here is involved in small dog rescue. Poor boy, what a tragic tale! I hope someone can give him a happy ending.

poor little dog - hope someone is able to help rehome him as he doesnt deserve that at all

i would try to help with vet bills for this boy ,Im affraid i carnt promise but would try my best ,Hope we can get him a home for xmas. poor lad 15 yrs of love he`s given & for what? just to be abandoned , well i aint letting it happen ,I`ll find some where for him.

I'm sorry I can't foster, OH has put his foot down and said no.

I'm sorry I can't foster, OH has put his foot down and said no.

dont worry ! i will find somewhere for him xxx

Nigel,

Thank you for pointing me towards this thread. It's not me that has the say yes or no, but I'll see what I can do. I'm on a vet run this morning and homechecks this afternoon but if you PM me your number I'll give you a call today and get all the details then see what I can do. Or drop me a text to 07541 784500 with your name and I'll get back to you asap.

It would be helpful to know how he is with other dogs, any known medical problems (ie: what's he going to incur in vet fees - we've got a lot of sick and elderly JRTs and others at the moment so it's a worry), his temperament, anything at all you're able to tell us would be a big help.

Alternatively, you could ring Chris (the founder/boss) of TLDR on 07590 758811 and speak to her direct. Mention you've asked Girlytrude (Clare) and you're in Sheffield too. I have 2 going out hopefully before Christmas, so would potentially have a space IF he was ok with other dogs, not a cat killer (I can handle dislike of cats but not outright killer instinct), no real worry about young children mine are teens, and I don't have small furries. It's Chris you need to persuade as I know we have a waiting list of dogs coming in. But if she can help she will. XX