Sheffield music scene

GFUNK86

Hellows,

I have recently been "recruited" by the sheffield music scene magazine: http://www.sheffieldmusicscene.info

and will be reviewing/interviewing gigs/bands & artists.

Firstly I'd like to hear from anyone who has come across/reads the magazine and would love to hear your thoughts on it. what do you like about it & what you would like to see more of?

secondly I'd like to hear from any up and coming artists bands or venue's who would like to get some exposure and Invite me down to some gigs for a snidy snek!

Thanks

I think it is ok as a music magazine, but the format it comes in makes it almost unreadable. Flicking through 124 pages is takes ages if you want to find one article you're interested in. Would be loads better if the content was in a website or a blog. Content would get indexed by Google and you could also then email links to reviews to friends, post them on Facebook etc, which is impossible at the moment.

Hey dude, are you just doing reviews of live gigs or will you review of a band in general?

Jon - Both. Id like to look at covering other projects that relate to music in sheffield too - as well as your run of the mill gig reviews & band features etc

Blue monday - thanks for your views I appreciate it. I must admit I had the same views myself when i first looked at it. it needs to be more accessible and easy on the eye. Problem being there is no money behind the mag - its purely run by people who love doing it. hopefully when I get my feet under the table I can make some suggestions!

Thanks

Hey dude, i am in a metal band called The Ultimate Kings, i know the genre aint as popular as it used to be but want to try and get some exposure.

It wont let me add the link for the myspace with be only just joining the site so if you can google The Ultimate Kings the myspace page will pop up.

Have only been on a few months but have managed over 100,000 hits. The site is only basic at the min, myspace did an "upgrade" the other day and it wiped out what we had on there to swicth over. We only play music and the guy who designes our site will be upgrading it shortly.

The song Light Of Dawn is only a basic demo that we recorded in our rehearsal room so its not the best quality but its good enough for a demo.

Let me know what you think.

Jonathan

What Sheffield really needs is an (online) comprehensive list of gigs (both large and small) that are on in Sheffield. Similar to the one Jumbo records does for Leeds (see link). I can't find any that are comprehensive enough so have to rely on getting the free flyers that have gig lists, which obviously go out of date very quickly. Generalist websites like 'Gigwise' and gigs.co.uk tend to be next to useless for this sort of thing, it needs an organisation with local knowledge/connections to produce such a list.

Would make going to see unsigned/alt bands in Shef a lot easier.

http://www.jumborecords.co.uk/tickets.asp?sort=date&event_id=10914

Hellows,

I have recently been "recruited" by the sheffield music scene magazine: http://www.sheffieldmusicscene.info

and will be reviewing/interviewing gigs/bands & artists.

Firstly I'd like to hear from anyone who has come across/reads the magazine and would love to hear your thoughts on it. what do you like about it & what you would like to see more of?

secondly I'd like to hear from any up and coming artists bands or venue's who would like to get some exposure and Invite me down to some gigs for a snidy snek!

Thanks

sounds like another blag to get freebies at club nights ,prob got all id,s as well