Anyone experience frozen diesel problems??

i run a diesel and mine has started everytime and on my computer inside the car it has been -9 and has fired straight away every time by a ford

Everything apart from helium freezes solid if you get it cold enough - you fail.

True, but diesel is not a single compound and does not have a single freezing point. Unlike compounds such as water, or elements such as mercury, it doesn't simply go from liquid to solid, which is what most people think of as "freezing."

owing to a news report recently

modern diesel does not freeze, when i was a kid my dad had a lorry and he was forever having a fire under the tank

I'm sure i read somewhere that in siberia they used to light a fire under the engine to heat up the metal because the cold made it so brittle that things would shatter during attempts to start the vehicle.

I'm sure i read somewhere that in siberia they used to light a fire under the engine to heat up the metal because the cold made it so brittle that things would shatter during attempts to start the vehicle.

Some Ladas also came with an axe in the tool kit to chop wood for the fire.