Ambulance stuck in snow and for what?

Where did anyone wish pain on anyone? :confused: at the point that you posted your vile comments nobody had said that they wish pain on this addict! every poster has said that it was not a valid reason to call 999, the addict must have lied when he called cos they wouldnt have sent one. Stop defending someone that has put others people at risk! this person should not have rang 999 .......plain and simple!! if we do or dont have empathy is a totally different thread!!

See Post 3 and Post 13 for wishing pain on addicts (before my Post). Post 22, Post 23 and Post 31 wishing pain on addicts after my posts.

Additionally you don't seem to have read my first post very bell. In the first paragraph I say that I do not support the idiot for wasting time and calling out an ambulance.

Just as an aside could you describe the 'pain', is it physical and real? Also was your addiction partly driven by a desire to avoid the symptoms of withdrawal? Well done on getting clean btw.

Sorry, this reply is out of sequence.My pain was very real. Many other people have reported the pain, and it seems quite common. The ones that I remember (very well) are:

Headache (blinding, like a constant migraine)

Aching in all muscles

Aching in the bones (similar to what you get with 'flu)

Uncontrollable vomiting

Uncontrollable diarrhoea

Stomach pains which are crippling and double you over

Cramps (for me especially in the calves) in waves

Total insomnia (this usually lasted up to 6 months after detoxification)

Uncontrollable crying and a deep depression

Nerve endings that had been numbed and neurotransmitters that had been blocked by opiates for years suddenly started firing on all cylinders. The causes of the pain are biochemical and very real.

Yes, the fear of withdrawal was a very strong factor in my continuing Heroin use.

This has got to be one of my "All time favourite threads". Everytime I read it, I'm rolling about laughing. It totally describes the nature of our society in 2011 - That there are a few selfish, criminal people about who are no doubt claiming all the state benefit that they can, who don't give a damn about anybody else and a handful of do-gooders. Proper funny.

The atrocious spelling and grammar are giving me a pretty good laugh to be honest.

That along with the ill-informed comments from individuals showing not an ounce of empathy or compassion. Whatever.