Santa's Grotto, Fargate

dars35

You should have taken them to "Beighton Lifestyle Centre" High St....There it would have only cost £2.00 per child, adults free and you can take as many photo's as you want for free.

Also there is a, Christmas Fayre & a Cafe.......it's a great day out for all the family.

Watch this space (it should be on Seffield Forum when it is on again next year)

Guest makapaka
Well why do u celebrate it then? ignore the day if you don't believe in it.

Who said I celebrate it? Maybe I just like some time off work with my family, and that coincides with Christmas when my work closes..

Would I be wrong in taking the offer of a day off when Prince Williams gets married if i'm not a Royalist?

There are events that happen that you can't help but be a part of.

And what does "believing in Christmas" mean anyway - mine could be different to yours?

I took my Grandchild on 24th Dec to Santa Grotto Fargate about 3pm and the Santa was really good best I have seen in a long time . He asked my Grandchild if she was good what presents she wanted and what she would leave Santa and the reindeer to eat. At the end he made her say Ho Ho Ho which she loved and then high 5'ed her she so enjoyed the experience and the lovely picture . He was just so cheery .

dear dars35

First of all i would like to inform you that, There is no Santa. its just a made up person to keep kids behave and happy in Christmas time, so any Santa you see in a Grotto are fake ( gosh imagine telling that to a middle age father of two.)

An advise to you, to save disappointment or bring it back for refunds, dont buy any Christmas crackers from M+S, because you wont find any real gold watch, diamond rings, keys to a porsche etc but to find some paper hats, cheap toys etc. but its christmas and everybody are buying it.

have a merry Christmas, Emma xx

Did that make you feel all clever? Good grief...

• 2 weeks later...

too be fair the grotto was not perfect or the santa but please be paitient. by the way i was one of the orginisors of the grotto it cost a huge amount of money to buy in the first place and to get it too sheffield and erected etc cost in excess off £8000 pounds then running costs staff etc then removing and year long storage so in all very little money is made if at all .one example just to get the hut there cost £800 in diesel and specail licences .we always endevour to give a good service . hence the repayment if you feel dissatisfied .we hope to return next year .and if am involved i assure you santas grotto will be better.i have 4 small children of my own ,and am horrified at some of the comments .also these comments are but a few compared too the amount of people /children tha attended some 8000+

Edited by woblie247
spelling check

I am not surprised things were as bad as people say, if you were one of the organisers. Have you seen your spelling, punctuation etc.

Did it cost £800 in diesel because someone misspelt the postcode?

I wouldn't trust you with a P-up in a brewery.

to or too

Sheffield or sheffield

orginisors or organisers

off or of

specail or special

Capital letters or lack of

Sentence started with and