York and lancs 1952-1954

My dad was in the york and lancs. C company. He was at Pontefract September 1952 -1954. He sailed to Sudan on the Empire Ken on 1st of January 1953. Demobbed in 1954. Anyone out there who was there at the same time?

My dad was in the york and lancs. C company. He was at Pontefract September 1952 -1954. He sailed to Sudan on the Empire Ken on 1st of January 1953. Demobbed in 1954. Anyone out there who was there at the same time?

I was in the York & Lancaster Regt 1953 to 1955. After basic training at Pontefract we were flown to Khartoum, Sudan. After about six Months the battalion were moved to the Canal Zone in Egypt. Your dad was an old soldier when we got there. I was in HQ Company and don't really remember anyone in C Company but I must have come across him. Our Intake was divided between A Company and HQ Company when we arrived in Khartoum.

I have tried, without success, to contact some of the guy's I served with, which is surprising really since the Battalion was made up of at least 70% from Sheffield.

Hi,

My brother-in-law Derek Lambert was there at the same time as your dad. He too sailed on the Empire Ken.

My dad also lives at Woodhouse now. I am going to see him later i shall find out if he remembers him. By the way my dads name is Dennis Wilman iuf thats any help.

My dad also lives at Woodhouse now. I am going to see him later i shall find out if he remembers him. By the way my dads name is Dennis Wilman iuf thats any help.

Hi,

Did your dad know my brother-in -law? Also at the same time his cousin Douglas Lambert was over there.

Cal.

Hi

Asked my dad, but he says he couldnt remember his name.He remembers playing football with a Pete Bedford who came from Woodhouse. Hes got an old photo album and when I next go I'm going to dig it out cos I'm sure there will be some more names in there.

Father'in'law Ken Wright was in from January 54 to 56 first A co then HQ co also on the 3ins morters.

Long shot was the Y&L in Sudan in 1928 all I know was he came home wearing a Pith helmit ?or so my mother said

Long shot was the Y&L in Sudan in 1928 all I know was he came home wearing a Pith helmit ?or so my mother said

O.K I'm just getting lazy did my own research 1916 the Y.&L was in Egypt:thumbsup::thumbsup:1926 salonica Grease so maybe i've got the wrong Regd

Edited by flyer
add

a friend of mine went to sudan on empire ken but he was in Acompany he came out in 1954 his name is AAron carnall once known never forgoten good bloke lol

My dad said he was good mates with someone called Pete Bedford, does that ring a bell with anyone? And his cousin Roy Wilman?