Groupon Sheffield?

I was all for Groupon, had some great deals, but I noticed it would keep my debit card details and my CVS security number, tried to delete it with no joy, rang them they said 'sorry no can do'. So to be safe I rang and asked them to delete my account.

I didn't want my card details saved, mastercard verification wouldn't work with it and I don't think it is right that a website can keep your 3 digit security number.

I do think you can set up pay pal to pay though.

Some hairdressing deals arn't as good as they seem, I had one for £9, thought it was all in until it came to them drying my hair and they said 'Sorry you have to pay extra to have it dried'......so this disappointed me as they charged me £10 therefore I paid £19 alltogther...not as great as it seemed.

Saying that my friend bought a voucher and got to the hairdressers for her appointment to find a sign saying 'closed down'...she rang Groupon who not only gave her the £18 back but also gave her the same amount as a good will gesture, so that's good of them!

Edited by fridayfeelin

Some hairdressing deals arn't as good as they seem, I had one for £9, thought it was all in until it came to them drying my hair and they said 'Sorry you have to pay extra to have it dried'......so this disappointed me as they charged me £10 therefore I paid £19 alltogther...not as great as it seemed.

£10 to dry your hair? Seriously? I'd have left with wet hair.

Oh I see you're also one of these idiots that thinks putting FACT at the end of a statement makes it a indisputable fact. Well actually it's not a fact unless you have seen the full details of Fancie's income and expenditure, which I doubt you have.

Not at all I'm just using common sense and my extended knowledge of all things retail i'm sure that's easy enough for you to understand.

You're new to the Law, I can tell.

Welcome to the forum.

New to Law, of course, but then again Im not refering to my own research but that of Lawyers with 30+ years experience who have done case studies on the Kodak incident. Thats why I said you should look into it for yourselves.

Dont take my word for it, take the partner at a successful solictors firm and lecturer in Law at Sheffield uni's word for it.

was just looking at groupon and wondered if the offers were true..so what happens then ,do you pay for the offer you want and get a voucher for it ?

I've had a massage (£12 instead of £40) and facial (£14 instead of £40ish) so far, and bought 10 sessions at a leisure centre for £10, and going to the hairdressers next week (£20 instead of £85). I think it's worth it to give yourself a treat for a fraction of the price. I also cancelled something I'd paid for, and Groupon refunded me no problem. The vouchers tend to be valid for about 3 months.

You open an account, give them card details, get offers emailed to you and pay online, Then they send you a voucher, which you print off and take with you. When you call for an appointment they ask for the voucher number. Easy peasy!

thanks for your reply..will give it a go cos there some good offers ,have already registered and get a email daily xx

My OH has bought 2 vouchers from them recently, fish eating feet (apparently) and a hair appt. She's not used either yet, but will report when she has.

Apparantly the feet eating fish place has gone bust??

Really? I've got a voucher for them.

Which one? There seems to be a new one every few months, I lose track!

Which one? There seems to be a new one every few months, I lose track!

Oh are there lots of em then? , just a friend tried to book her appointment last week with her group on voucher and was told the company had gone bust. Not sure of the name of the company sorry.