The All Things Rooney Megathread

Rushup

Wayne Rooney now earns £250,000 per week! That amount of money will pay 10 British Soliders for a year. He makes Front page News for all the wrong reasons! British Soliders only make Front page News when they pay the ultimate sacrifice! Rooney needs to remember how insignificant he is in the greater scheme of things!

FACT!

Those soldiers will NOT pay their own wages in selling shirts i'm afraid :(

Wayne Rooney will and some more to boot.

Rooney is not the problem here, it's the game itself that has created the greed, the big money in the Premiership via Sky TV etc has created a monster, clubs are in massive debt yet pay silly money to overated, and mostly foreign, players !

As I have said before the game is eating it's own backside, the downturn has begun with attendances starting to fall, clubs need to run themselves better financially, pay wages they can afford and reduce the cost of match tickets, the gravy train is stalling !

Maybe at some point the clubs and the people running the game will realise that they need to produce more 'homegrown' players and get the support of the people of this country again, but for some clubs and their supporters that may well come too late !

I agree 100% for what it's worth. Rooney is taking advantage of the whole system. He isn't abusing it. He is simply looking after #1. If anyone on here says they would turn it down then they are are lying tbh.

(make your mind up laddo) how can his team mates play alongside him after what he said?

It doesn't matter what has gone on. He will have the same relationship with his team mates as he had before. Spitting a dummy out and getting a lot more money for it doesn't make you lose genuine friends.