Who plays guitar and what do you have?

biggsy

Been playing (badly) since about 1984. My first "proper" guitar was a nondescript student-size classical bought for £20 brand new from Rumbelows on The Moor for my 11th birthday, still got it in the back of a cupboard somewhere...my curent collection:

Encore Dreadnought Acoustic - abysmal guitar, action like a cheesegrater. Used as an ornament.

Tanglewood Seagull Acoustic - still sounds nice afer 15 years.

Encore "Coaster" Strat copy - surprisingly good for a cheapo import, not quite up to gigging but 21 years old and on its last legs now.

Hohner Baron Bass - not at all bad for its price (£50 second hand in 1994) but pickups on their way out.

Fender Standard Strat - wonderful axe. Virtually plays itself and sounds heavenly.

I also used to have an original 1960s Burns Vibra-Artist, a superb vintage instrument until some pillock went and sat on it:o:o:o:o

ive been waisting m y life for 12 yrs currently using

bc rich mocking bird

bc rich jr-v

encore

stagg flying v

stagg 12 string acoustic

swift shark fin

swift acoustic bass

and what i think to be a martin copy as it has no brand name on it

im moving into Sheffield this week so if anyones interested in startin a heavy as f#$k band give me a shout

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing for 7 years. I've got:

Peavey Raptor with Bare Knuckle pickups (turd is somewhat polished)

Line 6 Variax 300

Heavily modified Epiphone Valve Junior combo.

Crafter FX550EQ electro-acoustic.

For recording/headphone practice I've got:

Behringer V-amp 2 which IMO is a very under-rated bit of kit.

Line 6 Toneport UX1 with all the Gearbox amp models and effects (I'll be getting the free Pod Farm upgrade soon)

Amplitube 2

Guitar Rig 3

Revalver 3

Been playin' on and off for absolutely years ( about 30 actually), ****....has it really been that long? If only I'd stuck at it I should have been brilliant by now. There's a lesson to be learned there somewhere me thinks.

Anyway just the 2 guitars at the mo:-

Yamaha APX1 Special, electro-acoustic.

1980 Fender "The Strat" Stratocaster in candy apple red, very nice but extremely solid and bloody heavy.

Marshall JCM 900 - 2 x 12" 50W valve combo

Boss ME-10 Multi-Effects

I really ought to do something with them.

Chris

The Cobden View have a guitar and music night on a Thursday - all welcome.

8 - 9.00 its a sort of guitar play together lesson (£15.00 for 5 weeks) then from 9.00 onwards - all musicians join in.

A really friendly atmosphere made all the better by people from all walks of life and skill levels just joining in.

All welcome, or just come along and listen and feel the mood till you want to join in.

• 11 months later...

well i bin playin for about 2years and have;

a 3 quarter encore strat in jet black, 1 pick up bt love it

an epiphone les paul in cherry sunburst, love its chugg

a jaxville X n blue with a tiger eye maple look, double lockin floyd rose and it doin my nut in! lol

my softer side includes a standard acoustic

but my god do i want a jackson rhoads in white with gold bridge, pick guard and pegs with the black stripes. tis niiiiice

• 2 weeks later...

And a peavey telecaster copy that I use for guitar teaching. Also have on loan a 2007 Gibson les-paul standard. I still prefer my early 90's one...the feel and sound of new Gibsons are not a patch on the old ones :-( why they have to make them chambered i dont know but it feels like a copy and not a guitar that should cost £1500

Archived