Opinions on the barf diet

Could I ask you lovely people that feed the barf diet just exactly what do you feed them? is it raw minced beef and raw minced chicken? Also what else do you give? I would seriously like to get my horrible hound on to it as these last few months he has had awful stomach problems. With far from healthy poos to boot.

Could I ask you lovely people that feed the barf diet just exactly what do you feed them? is it raw minced beef and raw minced chicken? Also what else do you give? I would seriously like to get my horrible hound on to it as these last few months he has had awful stomach problems. With far from healthy poos to boot.

er im not sure...i get many different flavours/meats for mine. tripe, beef, chicken etc etc. about 42p a bag.

i get 20 at a time

now and again when i can afford it, i get ones with duck etc, just a few p more

Ah brills, thanks Cooljules that has anwered my question and definitely prompted me to get the mutt onto the barf diet. Thanks hun

Ah brills, thanks Cooljules that has anwered my question and definitely prompted me to get the mutt onto the barf diet. Thanks hun

put my DSH on it (the god came with runs)

each day i vary it, lots of different flavours, all seperate bagged. i take one out first thing in the morning and let it defrost.

my other day, whos 14 and gone on it too.

i mix in 2 eggs a day.

ok i give them mixer biscuits from tesco, only cos i couldnt really afford not too. but when i can, i give them 2 bags a day, rather than one.

eggs are good for glossy coats people said.

Aha, eggs!! he could do with a glossy coat. Gonna try him on an egg tonight, thanks

Try giving him an egg intact snaggle. Hilarious when I did it with Zeus, he didnt know what to do but soon learnt to pick it up and drop it so it smashed :lol:

Save yourself alot of money,time and vet trips

get a good quality dry food

Save yourself alot of money,time and vet trips

get a good quality dry food

Haven't you read any of the info about this diet??? It was exactly a "good quality dry food" that made my dog very ill and caused lots of trips to the vets...

ps feeding raw chicken carcusses costs about 18p a day per dog (that's 3 a day for a large sized dog) - that is bloody cheap, far cheaper than most cheap dry food let alone the 'good quality' stuff.

ps feeding raw chicken carcusses costs about 18p a day per dog (that's 3 a day for a large sized dog) - that is bloody cheap, far cheaper than most cheap dry food let alone the 'good quality' stuff.

noooooooooo you cant feed raw meat to dogs, i mean its not good is it, they need dry biscuits all day. (so some people like to think)

you ought to see the 'scientific' dog biscuits, so expensive and so many choices...

go back a hundred years and see what scraps of meat dogs were fed on, and all the stories i was told about dogs in the 40's, were all well fed on 'nowt but meat' and they all did well.