INITIATIONS, was you initiated at work?

I was told sing sing or show us your ring , not being shy i did both [at the same time]

Neville Watts - Fitzwilliam St. 1972 - Ironmongers

After a few days I was sent to Constantine's on Carver Street to get a glass hammer and a gross of glass nails because we had run out of stock, so I was told. I strolled down Devonshire Street then into Division Street passing Haralds Locksmiths on the other side, I then turned left into Carver Street and Constantine's was over the road (street) opposite in a galvanised corrugated iron type shed on the site where Dickens later was. I went inside and telled them I had come from Neville Watts for a glass hammer and glass nails. They went to have a look, came back and said they were also out of stock but there would be a delivery in the afternoon. Back at Neville Watts I related what had happened and they said I should go back in the afternoon and if they still didn't have the requested glass hammer and glass nails I would have to go to Shaws on Duchess Road. After dinner I was at Constantine's again and they said that they had had a delivery but it would take time to unpack. Half an hour later a bloke behind the counter said alas the items hadn't arrived in the delivery so I went back to Watts to tell them. I was being given directions to Shaws on Duchess Road when one bloke couldn't contain himself and burst out in homeric laughter and the others joined in and the game was up. Bleeding hell, I didn't know where to put my face. Wazzocks!

Nice girl in a way BUT came from rough Irish and had a very foul mouth never stand for a girl F,ing me off so into the 45gall garbage drum she went ,now for a girl with a mini skirt on the only way to get out was to pull her skirt up to her waist she stayed there all day forelady walking by untill she was sorry oh by the way because of the heat most of the younger ladys (?)wore no bra and nickers ,not too many mess with me after that ,and i am always up for a laugh

Davy's - Fargate 1969 Food, Provisions etc

I was initiated twice at Davy's, the first by 3 birds and then a cuppla days later by the blokes. On my second day I was told I had to go in the lift to the third floor with 3 lasses (at Davy's we had 3 lifts) to 'fetch some stuff' (steady lad). When we arrived at the top floor which in this part was disused and padlocked these 3 broads had my trousers down in seconds followed by my non-designer Y-fronts and proceeded to well and truly apple crumble my 'hows your fathers'. At the time I was 15 and thought I was Jack The Lad, but these birds had succeeded in embarrassing me. Dirty Minx's!

The next day I was in the catacombs behind the shop boning sides of pork (not birds) when suddenly 5 blokes appeared out of nowhere grabbed me and held me with my arms fully stretched left and right then fed a long strong pole into the cuff of my white smock along the arm across my shoulders and through to the other arm, they then hung me up on a steel rail next to several sides of pork with my feet about 3 feet off the floor. I was left there for a good half hour looking like a latter day Jesus. I can't remember if it was Easter or not. They all had a good laugh. Rotten gits! Over to you folks.

Glad it wasn't like this when I worked there in the mid 80's!

Glad it wasn't like this when I worked there in the mid 80's!

for the things we did in the 50-60s we would all be doing hard time and that include the girls who were a lot worse:D:D:D

Globe and Simpson - West St. 1973 - Car Spares

During my third day as storeman at 'Globby and Symson' I had just come out from the shop counter in to the garage with the intention of visiting the little lads lounge and was promptly ambushed by a band of boiler suited mechanics with no chance of escape. These mischievous mechanics carried me around the garage at shoulder height and finally let me down in a standing position right into a large drum of Swarfega which is a green gooey elly stuff to get grease off your hands. There I was up to mid thigh, stood all gunged and gunked up and finding it impossible to climb out of the large container. The only possibility was to fall over like a ten pin (I was bigger than a nine pin) and the result was I was laid on the floor and I crawled (slid) out of the green jellied mass and it was all over the show. The mechanics were c(g)reased up laughing at my unfortunate situation and I joined in too......Norty bleeders!

P.S. Some of the people I worked with at Globes were Brian Morgan, Brian Payne, Amy, Dave Skelton (good footballer), Mr Brailsford? and another Brian who drove a fawn coloured Robin Reliant car and he lived in Sheffield 12 possibly Basegreen, I lived at Gleadless Townend.

I heard of someone who was sent to the airport terminal for a Mother's Bar!