Can you recall greengage (band)

i remember greengage so well saw them at least 6 times when they used to play workington cumbria in the rendezvous night club,the haven club in whitehaven they were the best club act ever i had signed photo of the band.it brings a lump to my throat when i think about those times !!!!! HAPPY DAYS

Me too! I first saw them in 1975 I think, when only 15.... Also saw them at the Hamilton club in Birkenhead... Them wos the days !!!!

i remember greengage so well saw them at least 6 times when they used to play workington cumbria in the rendezvous night club,the haven club in whitehaven they were the best club act ever i had signed photo of the band.it brings a lump to my throat when i think about those times !!!!! HAPPY DAYS

It really is nice to be remembered, yes we are all still around but not performing so much these days. All of the guys send their regards and thank you for the nice comments about the band.

Can't believe it's that long ago !!! My wake up call on my radio cassette player was "let's hang on" for years.... I nearly wore the record out playing Good Vibrations.....

Hi Drytoast

Happy days indeed, the Rendezvous was a brilliant venue and so was the Haven club. We used to really enjoy the Cumbrian clubs and we were always amazed to see familiar faces no matter which part of the area we were performing.

We used to stay in Workington a couple of doors away from the Lowther Arms where we managed to spend a little time cultivating the occasional hangover.

Thank you for your post it's really good to be remembered.

Denny, Mike, Lee & Geoff (Greengage)[/quote

Remember the green dragon, and the fiery Lorna?? 23 elizabeth street? Its occupants, permanent and temporary? Seems like yesterday, all that ! I was even a Hofficial Member of your fan club !!!

when I met Greengage

I remember you Guys well

At SUFC - You gave me tickets

Australian Tv was there too

I drew the raffle

Happy Memories...X

You certainly gave me excitations!

(Yes, it is now 2013, I've just joined the Forum..

better late than never!)

Hi from a newbie.

I remember the most excellent Greengage very well indeed. Saw them many times, Rovers Return Blackburn, Martholme Grange Altham, and The Town Gate Social Club Great Harwood.

Brilliant band with exceptional vocal and musical abilities. One of the few bands in that time using "String" sounds created if memory serves by a certain GJ Lord. Geoff I think was responsible for some of the electronics behind those early string sounds.

Never had the pleasure of meeting the band but I have great memories. Is there any way to get hold of some of the recorded material? Songs like Beyond The Sea, Heaven on their minds, Rhapsody In Blue? Maybe Denny would advise me if that might be possible. Great to see him here on these forums.

Welcome to the forum GHGH...do you live in Gt Harwood? I lived there for decades before moving South, I remember Towngate social club very well.

Hi arrodbo.

Thank you for the welcome. I do indeed live in Great Harwood,

The Town Gate Social club long gone, it become a roller skating rink in the eighties, which, strangely enough is what the place was originally.

Saw quite a few bands there during the seventies but Greengage were always a favourite, which is why I joined the forum.

Hi arrodbo.

Thank you for the welcome. I do indeed live in Great Harwood,

The Town Gate Social club long gone, it become a roller skating rink in the eighties, which, strangely enough is what the place was originally.

Saw quite a few bands there during the seventies but Greengage were always a favourite, which is why I joined the forum.

Are you ex Sheffield like me? I moved to Great Harwood 1967 (Lynfield Rd) then moved up the Cliffe near the Dog & Otter....I probably know you

Edited by arrodbo
spelling

Born and bred here, quite close to the Dog And Otter in fact. Very close to the church.

I did try to send Greengage (Denny) a private message and hope he sees this and gets in touch. Its Perry Gunn here Denny, Harrys son. I was talking to Gloria last night and we somehow got onto Greengage/Second Generation and you guys, so I searched the web to see what you might be up to. It'd be great to hear how you all are, and tell Mum. I hope you are all well, and healthy. Perry

Hi there greengaugers,a good freind of mine asked me to see if I could find you she and her then partener used to your fan june telford and dvid shea from blakcpool ,she now lives in the scottish highlands did you ever bring outany vynils or cds she really would love to hear you all againmike,lee,geoff synths,jeff drummer the way she describes you it must have been awesome hope you get back to me lots of love jojo xxxx

Can anyone throw any light on a band called Greengage who used to appear in the 70s around the Sheffield area

I can i booked the the band to appear at Great Harwood Golf Club

They were a Great band and sang all The Queen Numbers.

Rex Bradley Social Chairman at the time.