Can you recall greengage (band)

Pat, Did you originate from the Blacburn area? I used to go to the Rovers Return on Thursdays plus the Manxman and Sett End periodically (1972-1978) had some great times with my old workmates.

I came from Sheffield to the Blackburn area in 1967.

I am from Nelson but my friend and I always went out in Blackburn as there was nowhere to go in Nelson. We went to the Rovers and the Manxman regularly from about 1970 to 1975 ish. Only went to the Sett End twice, wasn't right keen on it.

Hi Denny

Been back from holiday for a week or so now, seems like months ago. How are you? Have you been on holiday? If you have I hope you enjoyed it. I might not be able to go on the computer much in the near future as my Dad is dying of cancer & looking after him is taking up a lot of time for me & the rest of my family. It's a very hard time for us all. Will be back on the forum when I can. Love Patxxx

Donald Hooper, died 22nd August 2012. Beloved husband of Winifred, father of Patricia and a dearly loved grandfather and great grandfather. Will be sadly missed. RIP Dad. xxx

Can anyone throw any light on a band called Greengage who used to appear in the 70s around the Sheffield area

I can remember a group called Greengage, I liked them very much. I do have a record they made. I think there was a Dennie and a Mike, and a girl singer I cant remember her name. I think they used do gig at holiday clubs. I 1st saw them at the Hendra in Cornwall.

I see that loads of peeps remember Greengage, I have lots of picks of them taken at the Hendra holiday site, used to send my son into the club room to get us front seats.

Those were the days, now he sends me. LOL

I am new to this site, I dont know how to send a message to Greengage, help anyone

Thanks for the info, I have now obtained a cassette of theirs with some great tracks by

Queen,beachboys,4 seasons etc..

It really is nice to be remembered, yes we are all still around but not performing so much these days. All of the guys send their regards and thank you for the nice comments about the band.

Hi Greengage, I remember you so well, I have still got your LP and a single Rosie Dixson Night Nurse, 1st saw you at the Hendra in Cornwall, then persuaded hubby to take me to Brighton , do you remember the Hendra, its still going strong. Glad so many people enjoyed your music,

a big fan.

Love Fay.

They were the best. Played lots of Queen numbers, Chicago, Beach Boys & loads of other good numbers. Sadly they are no longer playing.

Saw you play at a hotel just outside Bolton by accident and then made a special trip to a club to see you. Was alway impressed that you could play Bohemian Rhapsody live when I was told Queen couldn't.

I had a friend who lived in Yorkshire and we went to see her and her husband for a meal once. He was an engineer in a recording studio and I happended to mention Greengage and he magiced up your album. His name is Bob Whiteley and he was the engineer for Look records for your album. Small world!

Just in the process of digitising your album to load into my iTunes.

All the best!

I found this site by accident, just on the off chance that I could get some information about the band. I first saw them at the Poco Poco in Stockport, Gtr Manchester and was blown away by their musicianship, vocal harmonies and showmanship. I went to see them every time after that when they appeared. What amazed me was the string sound they were able to get in an era before synths had been though about. Perhaps someone might tell me how I can get hold of any of their CD's (discs and tapes are no good to me ).