Can you recall greengage (band)

arrodbo

Hi Denny

Great to hear from you after all this time. The place where I used to see you most was Martholme Grange in Altham near Accrington. Maybe two blonde girls, one called Lynne and one called Pat, might ring a bell with you? We came to see you every time you played there.

Please think about it and send me a reply.

By the way are Greengage still together?

Love Pat xxx

Hi Pat

The Norbreck was my favourite venue, we used to play there every August for 4 weeks at a time and we had a ball.

Thank you for your kind words and I too miss the venues around the East Lancs area and I certainly didn't realise there was someone besotted with me for over 20 years, you have made my day.

Lots of love Denny XX

Denny, not as bessotted as my sis in Law ! her maiden name was Linda Rogers

Hi Pat

I would love to say we have gigs in your area but the band retired a couple of years ago, I still play guitar but only classical these days for friends and fun, not for money these days. We are trying to get some of the TV shows we did placed on YouTube and I will let everyone know when this happens.

Love Denny XX

Oh what a shame. She will have to make do with that I suppose, though she really did want to see you as she was was brought up getting her eardrums hammered with Greengage all the time. She had to either love your music or hate it and fortunately for me, she loved it.

We are off on holiday tomorrow and I'm not taking my laptop with me, so I will hopefully catch up with you when we get back.

Love Pat xxx

Hi arrodbo

You mention Linda Rogers being your sis in law, is she originally from Shiregreen?

Love Denny XX

Yes Denny, She was from Shiregreen many moons ago and has been married now for around 40years.

I saw you and the band many times when i lived and worked in Lancashire ie Rovers Return,Martholme Grange and the Whitbread social club near Preston. I always tell my daughter that your Good Vibrations,Gethsemane,and "Music" would have won any X Factor shows. I think you were ahead of your time and didn't realise yourselves how good you were.

Yes Denny, She was from Shiregreen many moons ago and has been married now for around 40years.

I saw you and the band many times when i lived and worked in Lancashire ie Rovers Return,Martholme Grange and the Whitbread social club near Preston. I always tell my daughter that your Good Vibrations,Gethsemane,and "Music" would have won any X Factor shows. I think you were ahead of your time and didn't realise yourselves how good you were.

Martholme Grange & The Rovers Return were our second homes we had a fantastic following at both these venues, are they still operating with bands etc?

Thanks for your nice comments, all we had to launch on TV was New Faces, we won that one but I often wonder if the X Factor etc was around then would things have been different?

Please give Linda my love when you next speak to her, it's been a long time since Oaks Fold.

Love Denny XX