Public Safety Anouncement-Speed Camera Van In Wortley

Don't they now have cameras facing in both directions ?

I changed my mind about these camera vans when I was involved in a very near miss involving a coach full of people- ok, people shouldn't be speeding, but some can panic when they see the van and not think of who is following them. A lot of people could have been injured and yet no one was breaking the law.

I could only see the small rear facing window open , so as far as i could see he was only trying to snare motorists heading towards Wortley.

Iagree with you about the danger these camera vans cause though. I have seen it many times myself , where someone has to brake hard to aviod getting caught.

Great safety move to send fines through the post two weeks later instead of pulling the drivers over there and then.

Having had a speed ticket given to me by a policeman many years ago I found it definitely has a calming effect on your driving afterwards!

I know if I got a ticket through the post I'd be more annoyed than chastised.

On-the-spot enforcement by police is much better than impersonal enforcement via post.

public saftey announcement: your an idiot if people are speeding then they should get done for it,and you can say its just to make money but if your braking the law then your braking the law. i fed up of seeing speeding cars that slow down when the see a camera or the police,but are quiet happy to speed around the roads when kids are playing.

Kids shouldn't be playing in the road.

public saftey announcement: your an idiot if people are speeding then they should get done for it,and you can say its just to make money but if your braking the law then your braking the law. i fed up of seeing speeding cars that slow down when the see a camera or the police,but are quiet happy to speed around the roads when kids are playing.

Do lots of kids play on the Stocksbridge bypass?

You mean, looking for offenders to fine?

And if you are so concerned with public safety, why aren't you encouraging people to keep to the speed limit everywhere, instead of only at those places where they might get caught?

I break the speed limit wilfully everyday and never get caught, bet that winds you up lol

A regular haunt, it even comes up as a mobile camera on my satnav when I pass under it!

no that will be for the average speed cameras on the bypass, my tom tom does that too