Warning speed cameras

'Most drivers'? Really? Because whenever I'm travelling on Penistone Rd towards hillsborough, which I do on most days, there's never a car in sight doing less than 40mph. So... where are all these drivers who NEVER ever speed? I think you may be slightly deluded.

Never a car in sight doing less than 40mph, I assume that is apart from you :hihi: There's always one :hihi:

Never a car in sight doing less than 40mph, I assume that is apart from you :hihi: There's always one :hihi:

When did I say apart from me? There's always one what?

Let me take you. I'll show you what its like to do 150mph on Wood bottom :hihi:
Take me instead. I love a man who can make me scream .. even if it's only by his driving ;)

When did I say apart from me? There's always one what?

Oops sorry Shaz I read it wrong. It's true, most of the traffic flow will be over the speed limit, I used to do that route too, but there'd always be one car holding the rest up that we'd all have to go round.

Edited by mj.scuba

Some more info. Car speedometers are set in the factory to read about 3 mph faster than your actual speed. That is to give the makers some room for possible error. Can you imagine the court cases if it turned out a particular car was reading under the correct speed. So if you accidently (the perfect drivers can ignore this bit) just go over the speed limit you should still be ok, but obviously sensible to assume your speedo is giving the exact mph. This talk about speeding up between cameras is being tackled by use of average speed cameras eg Cat and Fiddle, A1, A14.

Of course they do make lots of money but could they not make alot more with more cameras on the motorways.

I am fine with speed limits, after all one live saved ..., but I do wonder about only 40 on the Bochum Parkway!

Just another thought. Something that gets me angry when driving is the growing increase in undertaking. I do not mean in traffic queues but on normal driving. Is it illegal or just bad practice?

Great comeback for your argument.

Meanwhile I'll continue to drive accident and point free and enjoy incredibly low premiums!

You can certainly tell which motorists have a grudge with the system and feel the need to attack others to justify their failings in life. Did you fail your test or get caught speeding?

i admit i accidently go over the speed limit by a few miles,

but i also am accident and point free and have low premiums..

The police were hiding out in the Arena carpark today (Broughton Lane), and i got pulled over. As i have never been pulled by the policie in the 7 years of driving i admitted the offence of speeding. As i have got home i've realised they are breaking the law or any guideline stated, i did not see the officer as they were hiding behind the bushes on the side road, she literally jumped out on the road and directed me into the carpark and this is not allowed, the Police Officer or Patrol car must be in full view of the oncoming traffic..........do you think i have a case ?

'Most drivers'? Really? Because whenever I'm travelling on Penistone Rd towards hillsborough, which I do on most days, there's never a car in sight doing less than 40mph. So... where are all these drivers who NEVER ever speed? I think you may be slightly deluded.

you can get to 40mph on penistone rd. how do you manage that with all the cars and trafic lights every 150 yards. do you just go out at night to do that

Take me instead. I love a man who can make me scream .. even if it's only by his driving ;)

If I tried it any other way you would be screaming with laughter :(

The police were hiding out in the Arena carpark today (Broughton Lane), and i got pulled over. As i have never been pulled by the policie in the 7 years of driving i admitted the offence of speeding. As i have got home i've realised they are breaking the law or any guideline stated, i did not see the officer as they were hiding behind the bushes on the side road, she literally jumped out on the road and directed me into the carpark and this is not allowed, the Police Officer or Patrol car must be in full view of the oncoming traffic..........do you think i have a case ?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Was this an officer with a speed gun that jumped out, or an officer that jumped out and stopped you after another one had already "shot" you with a speed gun?

What a load of rubbish. You're taught to maintain a constant speed during your driving lessons and have to show you can do this on your test. If you can't, you fail.

There's no excuse for speeding. If you can't or won't maintain your speed to the limit you're a bad driver.

Rubbish. Speeding does not make a bad driver.

Thanks for the warning.