Noahs Ark, Crookes

It is Tracy who was there before the last landlady:suspect:

So,... why did Tracy leave and how come she is back? is it for good or temp?

So,... why did Tracy leave and how come she is back? is it for good or temp?

Tracy works for a managment company but the last girl took on the tenancy but went tits up so the company are back in

this pub is a shining example of a pub that will never be a success anymore. i don't know why the owners don't just give up and flog it. its a crap pub.

this pub is a shining example of a pub that will never be a success anymore. i don't know why the owners don't just give up and flog it. its a crap pub.

obviously you never go in, the people that go in are not weekend millionaires they are what old pubs are about not a posers paradise.

I will let you know jen it may be saturday my birthday so new management are on about having it sat for this week happy days:D

Just wondering if you knew what was happening about the karaoke? Happy birthday for Sat anyway!

here here easylife1. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

obviously you never go in, the people that go in are not weekend millionaires they are what old pubs are about not a posers paradise.

i used to live opposite the place (number 87), so i've been in plenty of times thanks, under various ownerships.

i used to live opposite the place (number 87), so i've been in plenty of times thanks, under various ownerships.

But like I said not recently so how can you judge what the pub is like now

Tracy works for a managment company but the last girl took on the tenancy but went tits up so the company are back in

so its gonna be a success with tracy in again sat in her usual seat ,i think not!

if it was such a good pub it wouldnt need a management company in to run it.

maybe if enterprise dropped there rent and beer prices it would work,but saying that nobody wanted to come in when beer was cheap and food was on,

cant see tracy getting off her arse and doing something,thats why it wont work with her in it.

so its gonna be a success with tracy in again sat in her usual seat ,i think not!

if it was such a good pub it wouldnt need a management company in to run it.

maybe if enterprise dropped there rent and beer prices it would work,but saying that nobody wanted to come in when beer was cheap and food was on,

cant see tracy getting off her arse and doing something,thats why it wont work with her in it.

I agree about the rent etc. Pub companies are taking the mickey.

It started years ago when Landlords were penalised for selling more beer, rent was based on barrels sold instead of the size/location of the building???

Back in the day, tenant landlords ran pubs as their own business, they only had to buy a specific brand of beer to comply. Things like pool tables, pinballs, bandits etc etc etc were purchased or rented by the landlord and he took the takings (quite right)

Food was sold and the landlord took the profit for the work involved, pub companies now want to supply all these things and leave the people who do all the work with a pittance.

The smoking ban didn't help pubs, it was clumsily introduced with a sledgehammer to crack a peanut.

Today's pubs can't rely on wet sales alone to survive, a modern pub has to exploit every min. of the day and every inch of the building, this includes food or snacks, entertainment. activities/trips. sports teams.......

I saw a pub the other day open for coffee and breakfasts.

Old type pubs will fail, cater for modern society and they will succeed

Just my opinion of course... right/wrong? who knows:(

But like I said not recently so how can you judge what the pub is like now

unless they have completely gutted the pub and shifted it to somewhere else in sheffield, i'm fairly comfortable in stating that the pub will never be a success.

is the masons arms open at the moment? i used to prefer drinking there, the noahs ark was that bad!