Is the Kelham Island area of Sheffield still a red light district?

Jenny the expert in prostituton.

I think we can all learn something from her.

Jenny the expert in prostituton.

I think we can all learn something from her.

Our paths have crossed before and you're just a wind up merchant.Get back in your cave.

As for 'Emmysdad' - the snickering smilie did not go unnoticed..try reading this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jun/23/sex-workers-whorephobia?msg=a&showallcomments=true#end-of-comments

I'm serious. We clearly can learn something from you. You continue to spout your views on prositution telling everyone else they are wrong. So I would like to learn.

From your previous testimony, you appear to have experienced only the bottom end of the market and seem quite happy there, so I'd prefer to leave you in ignorance if you can't be arsed to do your own research.

Appearances can be misleading remember.

Don't worry, I have had experiences with higher class hookers too.

This thread is not about high class hookers, it is about visible sex workers who will mostly be doing it for a fix rather than a career choice.

If you Jenny cannot see the difference then I'm afraid I cannot help you further.

The vast majority of prostitutes are not desperate...they're simply making the choice of following a lucrative career path that they can fit round their families and other commitments.

Im sorry, but the thread is regarding Kelham Island and you wont find many lucrative careers down there :loopy: you obviously do not know the place and the type of people that frequent the place in question

My point, which you obviously missed, is that most people ONLY see the most visible - the vast majority are neither high class along the lines of 'belle du jour' nor those needing a fix...they're ordinary woman doing the best they can for themselves and their families

Clearly Jenny has trouble with such simple concepts.

Clearly Jenny has trouble with such simple concepts.

And what is so wrong about seeing the bigger picture? My point is that ALL are tarred with the same brush.

If you want to talk about the bigger picture, then go make a thread about the bigger picture and stop trying to get all high and mighty about prositutes in this one. Anyone with common sense can see that this thread is about visible street prostitution. No one is trying to belittle your profession.