Is the Kelham Island area of Sheffield still a red light district?

I'm not looking for business! I'm a young female going to be living alone in the area so I'm a bit paranoid about curb crawlers:huh:. I signed for a flat in the area a few days ago and I've just seen on here that it was a red light district, but the posts were from 2008. Is this still the case?

Not many around these days, too many people and new businesses opening to make that the case.

Not many around these days, too many people and new businesses opening to make that the case.
Don't lie to her,its full of it, with pervy blokes everywhere dribbling at the sight of young girls that live alone.

:hihi:

No, it's moved further up the road.

No, it's moved further up the road.

Allen Street?

I work next to kelham island and when i start at 6am i drive down rutland road and cut through to ball street and always see them early, when i stop to nip into the newsagents there sometimes they come snooping around but when i dive into the shop they get the idea im just getting my paper!!

Before the new ring road was built they used to hang around my work alot even nipping in for a coffee or to beg a cigarette!! dont get them now but last week when i rolled up at work i found about 30-40 hyperdermic needles on the floor in a pile outside the door and had to ring the council to come and shift em

Thanks for the replies. At least I'll know what to expect now :shocked:

last week when i rolled up at work i found about 30-40 hyperdermic needles on the floor in a pile outside the door and had to ring the council to come and shift em

That's horrible!!

Nothing terrible really. Green Lane, Ball St, Mowbray St... rarely see them myself these days and I live in Brooklyn Works.

It's a decent area really, with great pubs and a decent restaurant and a local couple of Tescos.

Welcome to the area, you will like it. Just be sensible and don't walk alone in the late hours and be savvy when out and about. Just as you would in most areas!

i live at cornish place and have done for the last 2 years. i have never seen a prostitute round there at all.

The only place i have seen them are accross the river closer to neepsend/kelham mills area and that was a while ago.

i wouldnt worry about it, its a nice area and i personally always feel safe.

They tend to be round the hicks street/platt street/ burton rd/ harvest lane junctions

drove passed there about 9.30pm a couple of days ago and i spotted 3 on the road.

drove passed there about 9.30pm a couple of days ago and i spotted 3 on the road.

Really was it that obvious just from diving past, some years ago I pulled up near Havelock Square to ask a young lady for directions (Honest :blush: ) she nearly run a mile.