Which road has the most potholes in Sheffield

which has the most potholes  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which has the most potholes

• london road
    • chesterfield road
    • redmires road
    • loxsly valley road

Common Lane - it's due to be done according to the list though.

According to the link to streetforce and the information posted on street signs they are only resurfacing from New Road (road at the top of the Dam Flask) to the bottom of Long Lane, where Loxley Nurseries are situated. I can't see any information that they are going to resurface the rest of Loxley Road which is complete madness, one of the worse roads in Sheffield and they want to repair the only bit of it that is reasonably ok!!! :loopy:

I would have thought it was this bit

LOXLEY ROAD New road to Long Lane

" New Road " is where the tram is upto "Long Lane" where the garden centre is

I would have thought it was this bit

LOXLEY ROAD New road to Long Lane

" New Road " is where the tram is upto "Long Lane" where the garden centre is

Yes you would have thought so given the state of the road, but no it's actually from The Plough Pub at Bradfield right round the side of the dam, across the Dam Head ( New Road) and then along Loxley Road till the bottom of Long Lane....then just when the road gets really bad they stop!!!!!

The road in Malin Bridge where the tram goes is Loxley New Road...not New Road.

I'm going for hangingwater road going from the bottom of highcliffe road down to hangingwater shops. It's absolutely shocking!

An illegal or sueable pothole has to be one inch deep minimum. Therefore, if you fall and sustain injury you need a tape measure and a good camera and you will need to measure and photograph the hole pretty fast.

Effingham Road is scary!!!

Yes you would have thought so given the state of the road, but no it's actually from The Plough Pub at Bradfield right round the side of the dam, across the Dam Head ( New Road) and then along Loxley Road till the bottom of Long Lane....then just when the road gets really bad they stop!!!!!

The road in Malin Bridge where the tram goes is Loxley New Road...not New Road.

:o You are right :o

Having looked at the map again they are doing the dam side of Loxley Road , well :o I am shocked as Loxley Road ( Malin Bridge - Rodney Hill ) is shocking :huh:

Rundle Road, Nether Edge - like a rollercoaster on a bike!

The top of Beaver Hill Road, Woodhouse, is pretty bad!

some of you will not remember the cobblestoned streets from way back it seems that we are going back to the good old days

I can JUST remember them! Oh dear, showing me age now!! I can also remember a time when the authorities repaired roads by stripping off the damaged surfaces right down to the base of the road (that really rough surface) and then re-built the road in layres to give it support and strength. Does this happen now? I have seen nearby roads "re-surfaced" by covering them in grey gravel - only to be scattered to the sides of the road by traffic. This treatment doesn't seem to sort out the bumps and holes, as they are still there underneath... Agree 'bout Long Line - it was beautiful for a few months - and then they have dug it up again!!! :huh:

I'm going for hangingwater road going from the bottom of highcliffe road down to hangingwater shops. It's absolutely shocking!

It is a bad stretch of road, made worse at dusk, because the street lamps are controlled from a point where the night sensor must be on a lamp that isn't underneath the trees - it gets very dark at the point where Hangingwater becomes High Cliffe Road before the street lights come on...

Haywood Lane in Deepcar and Victoria Road in Stocksbridge. They can hardly be called roads.

I'd like to tie a blindfold round some councillor's head (might be loath to take it off though), then chuck them in the back and drive him or her round Deepcar and Stocksbridge in a Landrover, then round Owlerton in a banger car and see if they can tell the difference.

God, that's made me chuckle!! :hihi: Can I bring a flask and some Penguins for the journey??! Though the Thermos would have to be a metal one, otherwise we'd end up with no brew!!!!! GOT TEARS IN ME EYES NOW!!!!!! Stuff the phone bill - I'll unplug the telephone and drop it down the nearest craitor up the lane!! :hihi: