Australia gets first woman PM.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/10393918.stm

Do people never learn?

Aus was doing so well, one of the leading lights.

Having a female trying to run the show was the beginning of all the trouble in this country.

Women should stay in the kitchen, where they can do less damage.

Bless - only a weak man would be threatened by a powerful woman... I think you may suit the role of my bitch! Darning socks might be too much to ask, but I bet you do a mean beans on toast! See you at Pride on Saturday! I'll be on stilts!

Ah, that old chestnut. John Howard never said any of that or anything remotely like it.

Not a word of that is true. It's an internet hoax that has been doing the rounds for years, prompting people to say "If only our leader had the balls to say/do that kind of thing".

Sorry to explode the myth, but the leaders of western countries simply couldn't get away with saying stuff like that. It's an adaptation of something that appeared on an American forum some years ago and has mysteriously been attributed to the former Aussie leader.

It's the God thing that makes that rant look fake - Aussies aren't big church people, and their country wasn't founded by Christianity... Unless they mean the Irish homes that were set up to imprison young girls of 'dubious morals'...

Could she be any worse than the UK's recently-departed Prime Minister though?

Could anybody, for that matter?

But Cameron is going for that post! Shall we see if the Aussie PM can beat him to it?

It's the God thing that makes that rant look fake - Aussies aren't big church people, and their country wasn't founded by Christianity... Unless they mean the Irish homes that were set up to imprison young girls of 'dubious morals'...

Exactly. As in Britain, not that many Aussies go to church, something under 20% from memory.

So all the God stuff is very wide of the mark and is probably part of the original US version of the rant/hoax.

Julia Gillard = kevin rudd in a skirt.

With a more annoying voice :hihi:

With a more annoying voice :hihi:

that really is debatable:hihi:

that really is debatable:hihi:

She has nicer legs than Rudd, though.

It remains to be seen if she can carry off the Speedos look as well(!) as Tony Abbott however :hihi:

Gillard doing an iron man marathon topless in budgie smugglers .yep i can see where your coming from ,I'am with you on that one

Gillard doing an iron man marathon topless in budgie smugglers .yep i can see where your coming from ,I'am with you on that one

She couldn't look any more of a dick than Abbott, let's face it!

er, let me rephrase that - she couldn't look any worse than this:

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2009/12/03/1225806/772686-tony-abbott.jpg

what Australia needs is to get that useless government out completly and get the Liberals back in.

Last female leader was Victorian premier Joan Kirner. The polkadotted horror who drove Victoria into the ground.

What a disaster.

Oops. Kristina Kaneally. Premier N S W.

Anna Bligh Premier Queensland.

We didnt exactly choose Gillard as our PM so its not quite the same as getting Thatcher. I dont however think we deserve Gillard ( I dont think we have been soooooooo naughty. Incidentally we call speedo'e budgie smugglers.

Cheers from Oz