Spread the word; this is the best forum for business!

Folks,

Sheffield Forum is the only forum I use, simply because it is the best. However, in the business section, we seem to be a select few (select sound pompous but you know what I mean :loopy:).

Whenever I have a client in to see me, I always make the point that using the forum should be a key part of their on line strategy for lots of reasons (we found our excellent accountant here).

How can we (the usual suspects, ah that's a better description :hihi:) spread the word and get more regular contributors to the business section?

Any thoughts?

All people can do is tell others about it, but forums aren't everyone's cup of tea.

i have found some of the information in this section of the forum invaluable...even if i dont feel able to necessarily contribute with anything useful!

on checking my google analytics, a huge portion of my traffic comes from this site....which cant be a bad thing!

x

SF is great for all sorts of things and I am a huge advocate of business transparency but I would be a little wary of making too much of a recommendation without some caveats. The nature of SF is that you are open to mischief that you might not be able to find an easy remedy to. It's definitely good for research and casting ideas and making contacts but I would be careful about just now much is disclosed in which sections.

The independence of SF is refreshing to the walled garden initiatives put up in certain other places, say LinkedIn or anything offered by quango's.

Can I ask a question? What would you expect people to get out of it for business?

I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I have chatted to and met, some really great people. I think networking is the key to a successful business.

I do like coming on to sheffield forum Business section although i still think that the Merger between Business and Employment sections was a bad idea.

Is there anything interesting posted?

All we see is 'i wanna start a buzniss cos my nan said i shud i could go and get a job but carnt be arassed and want 2 sit at home all day wotching tv. iz this a good idea and wot do u fink of Kleeneze cos me gran says it will make me wich.'

now come on Go4it, thats an exaggeration if ever i've read one!

Threads aren't going to be interesting to everyone - only if you feel you would also like to know the answers to the questions posed, or can help by contributing to the discussion or provide advice and suggestions, etc.

If it's not for you then it's quite simple - you don't look. I don't look in the knitting or gardeners forums (or any other forum on here for that matter) because I have no interest in those topics - but I wouldn't belittle them none the less.

go4it; very funny but Sandra is right..and as someone else has realised this forum is fantastic for link building;)

Is there anything interesting posted?

All we see is 'i wanna start a buzniss cos my nan said i shud i could go and get a job but carnt be arassed and want 2 sit at home all day wotching tv. iz this a good idea and wot do u fink of Kleeneze cos me gran says it will make me wich.'

As a foreigner, I found this Einglish words too difficult to read! too many non-Regular spelling!

Go4it wrote it that way on purpose, because that's how a lot of people seem to write these days, probably from texting too much!

Just found this forum, looks useful so thanks for the contributions so far :)