What the chuffin ell were that ?

just heard a massive loud bang / explosion noise ... east end area of sheffield ... it was not a firework ... ideas anybody ?

Did anyone else hear a really loud bang followed by a not quite so loud bang from somewhere between northen gen and firth park about 5 mins ago? It right made me jump!

I just started a thread at the same time, think it was probably the same thing a very loud bang followed by a not quite as loud bang, thought it was near firth park? How do we merge these threads?

Yes me too sounded like attercliffe from my location a few threads about loud bangs tonight

OMG just heard 2 explosions type noises that woke me up on Southey?? Expecting to

see flashing lights and hear sirens any minute.....if that wasn't an explosion you reckon someone been shot???? Scary!!!!!

just replyed to your thread nerd i thought it sounded more attercliffe area

If the noise was that wide ranging think we can rule out gunshots - thank god

I live where co-op on southey green rd is o me n my mum heard it, loud explosion, well more like a boom n then a little boom straight after.

It sounds like it was heard over quite a distance. No idea what it was though, but it made me jump. At least it wasn't followed by sirens or screaming.

Heard the same from wincobank...

Guessing now...but it sounded like a motorway crash...a lorry maybe hitting summat...followed by a second smaller incident.

No sirens heard....yet.

OMG just heard 2 explosions type noises that woke me up on Southey?? Expecting to

see flashing lights and hear sirens any minute.....if that wasn't an explosion you reckon someone been shot???? Scary!!!!!

Christ if that was a gun shot, I doubt theres anything left of the person it was aimed at.

Heard the same from wincobank...

Guessing now...but it sounded like a motorway crash...a lorry maybe hitting summat...followed by a second smaller incident.

No sirens heard....yet.

God I hope not. How horrible. Sounds like it's something big.