Why are tv's made without digital aerials built in?

Why are tv's made without digital aerials built in?

Why do companies not build them into the tv? :huh:

Could anyone recommend a good digi aerial that picks up freeview in unclear area's, one you don't have to install on the roof?

think you just answered your own question there, If it was in the tv it wouldnt be a strong enough signal

Andy

A lot of TVs have digital tuners built in but they can't include the aerial as in most areas you won't get a decent signal unless it is on the roof.

Surely with today's techonology they could make a tv with a strong aereal in it enough to pick up digital? I suppose things like walls and hills would make the signals not come through though......

Why is Emley Moor so terrible? I lived in the edge of Bradway/Dore, more of less on top of a hill and couldn't get any channels bar ones that were snowy.

Surely with today's techonology they could make a tv with a strong aereal in it enough to pick up digital? I suppose things like walls and hills would make the signals not come through though......

Why is Emley Moor so terrible? I lived in the edge of Bradway/Dore, more of less on top of a hill and couldn't get any channels bar ones that were snowy.

I think you still pretty much need a clear line of sight to get a decent signal due to the way it works. Although I know you can sometimes get a decent picture from a set-top aerial if there is a strong signal.

I have to point my aerial at the Belmont transmitter in Lincolnshire as their is a church in the way one direction and a lot of trees in another.

You can keep increasing the gain of the amplifier but in doing that you keep amplifying the noise associated with it.