Open up Sheffield castle remains!

The tours on Sunday. There are in fact 2 Tours. We are hoping to get loads of people there to meet there and meet some Friends of Bishops House and discuss what we'd like to happen at Bishops House in the future. We are hoping to have picnic but weather is looking dodgy. See

http://www.museums-sheffield.org.uk/coresite/html/bishops.asp

on how to get there.

If they do it they will surround them with expensive hotels that the majority of Sheffielders will never use. It will be a focal point and park all right, but for the business class that will be in the hotels. I can imagine it all being boxed in with open days and tours for ordinary Sheffielders on days when business is quiet, like winter.

I would love to see it all stripped back and have a huge peace garden set up for us all to enjoy, It would be great.

If they do it they will surround them with expensive hotels that the majority of Sheffielders will never use. It will be a focal point and park all right, but for the business class that will be in the hotels. I can imagine it all being boxed in with open days and tours for ordinary Sheffielders on days when business is quiet, like winter.

I would love to see it all stripped back and have a huge peace garden set up for us all to enjoy, It would be great.

The idea is to open up the site as described, but to make it a feature that can be seen as you come in on Parkway as well, so no, it wont be surrounded as with the Peace gardens.

The castle must be built!

Seriously, let's rebuild the whole thing as accurately as possible. It'd be a massive tourist attraction - folly and educational historical monument all in one.

Edited by Bilge

Bilge,

I can tell you now that won't happen. The first stage in the proceedings will be the Markets to come down- then some preliminary archaelogical investigations.

Regards

WB [Wards Bitter- very- Not Warner Brothers]