The Nelson pub at the top of the Moor

yep,happy days,all the guys wore carnaby street style clothes like rock stars,all the girls were beautiful,the only thing i did'nt like was the smell of the petulia oil,but i guess that was to cover the aroma of the herbal ciggies-lol.

No, the petuli oil was to mask the rotting flesh smell of the Afghan Coats :hihi:

oh yeah,made of goat/yak skin were'nt they,they used to stink when they got wet.

Beer was awful, like it was in a lot of city centre pubs in 70's

Edited by sparkyfred

oh yeah,made of goat/yak skin were'nt they,they used to stink when they got wet.

They used to stink even worse when they were dripping in stale beer and had spent the night wrapped around a sweaty body in the Bucc. :hihi:

I used to go in from about 1977 and can still be found in there Sat nights to this day! i dont know how me and my mates got away with it coz we where only 15 in 1977 I guess no one was that bothered about under age drinking in those days!

Loved the downstairs paintings was gutted when they refubished and got rid of them about 1980 I think if my memory is correct.

Loon pants , afghan coats, patchouli oil, and cheesecloth shirts/blouses, I remember the Nelson, Albert, and Whetstone, but can't remember the freaky clothes shop near the Wap, where you could buy joss sticks and clothes, anyone remember its name????

Loon pants , afghan coats, patchouli oil, and cheesecloth shirts/blouses, I remember the Nelson, Albert, and Whetstone, but can't remember the freaky clothes shop near the Wap, where you could buy joss sticks and clothes, anyone remember its name????

Was it Pippy's?

Loved the downstairs paintings was gutted when they refubished and got rid of them about 1980 I think if my memory is correct.

Wasn't it Hendrix, Plant and Page? And was there one of Joe Cocker or is my memory playin tricks?

Sheffield City Centre was in it's pomp from the early 60's to the mid 70's. There wasn't the current day facination about eating 24/7, we made do with a Berni when we were flush and a chippie when we were short. Great pubs, great clubs, great times, I wouldn't change places with today's youngsters.

Goldfishbowl or Golden Dragon if I was flush,Berni was too posh for me.

I remember the amazing jukebox early 70's

Paranoid by Grand Funk Railroad

and

McKenna Mendelson Mainline MMM and the

Edgar Broughton Band

can you remember any?

Listen and enjoy

The most popular was See Emily play, by far 72-75.

we used to put the juke box on sun 9am to run the sat night selections out, it was still playing at 6pm.

The most popular was See Emily play, by far 72-75.

we used to put the juke box on sun 9am to run the sat night selections out, it was still playing at 6pm.

Apache Edgar Broughton Band,Black Knight and Paranoid as well as the above.

chchchchchanges.....