The Nelson pub at the top of the Moor

Does anyone here remember the great times at the nelson boozer off the moor during the late seventies..

Used to do a regular crawl, start Brown bear 1900 then into the Wap after a queue, then off to the Nelson (downstairs) with the picture of Rossi on the wall. At closing time to the Penthouse to stick to the floor. Great days

I remember the amazing jukebox early 70's

Paranoid by Grand Funk Railroad

and

McKenna Mendelson Mainline MMM and the

Edgar Broughton Band

can you remember any?

Listen and enjoy

first heard pink floyd's one of these days in there [1973 ish] still play it today,rock'n roll-led zep- misty mountain hop-all the proper music you did'nt here on the radio in those days,not just a pub,an education!

There was a real underground movement in Sheffield back then. Just about every pub you went in, Buccaneer, Nelson, Albert, or even the Whetstone had loads of alternative music playing.

yep,happy days,all the guys wore carnaby street style clothes like rock stars,all the girls were beautiful,the only thing i did'nt like was the smell of the petulia oil,but i guess that was to cover the aroma of the herbal ciggies-lol.

Remember it well Nelson and Albert had the best 2 juke boxes in Sheffield.

Hair over my shoulders, white pumps, black velvet jacket, white T shirt, In my own time on the Nelson dukebox, pants beer, pubs closing at 10:30, out 5 nights a week, late seventies FANTASTIC

lay down eeeezaay starrrrs in my eyyyyes,top music.

It was a great pub in the early 60's, there was always a band on upstairs at the weekends, they were university students from memory, and they knew all the songs of the day, and were quite good.

Round the corner at the Minerva was alright too, but a lot of people didn't like going in there as the lighting was turned very low and it was quite dark, that too had bands on at weekends, funny to see 5 blokes jammed together on a little stage in the corner of the room, but they were happy days, when Sheffield was full of music.

Sheffield City Centre was in it's pomp from the early 60's to the mid 70's. There wasn't the current day facination about eating 24/7, we made do with a Berni when we were flush and a chippie when we were short. Great pubs, great clubs, great times, I wouldn't change places with today's youngsters.