Teen caged after hit and run attack

At least he was caught and jailed. What about 100s of other offenders that roam on the street without any check.

At least he was caught and jailed. What about 100s of other offenders that roam on the street without any check.

totally agree, its time the judges got tough on these drains on society, if the sentences are higher they might be less likely to take the law into their own hands.

good job too

You can imagine my surprise when I read that the young chap drove his Vauxhall Astra at the poor people.

A Vauxhall Astra?

One can hardly catch his breath. Never in a million years would one associate this vehicle with the loser in question.

good job too

what is 'a good job too?'

I think way too lenient in view of his vast arsenal of 150 knives, two axes, three crossbows, five batons and about 20 air rifles - two of which were illegally owned.

This loony will probably serve only 4 of those 8 years and will no doubt be released with even more angst than he already has, I fear for his next victims he is clearly someone who is interested in using weapons and I would like to see him put away until he is too old to ruin anymore lives or commit murder assuming he hasn't already.

The young man in question is no looney and it was a collection which had never been used on anyone and police were already aware he kept them and only took them after the incident to ensure it sealed him a lengthy sentence! none of the apparent victims actually pressed charges one of whom is behind bars himself and on the night in questions were attacking innocent people by verbally abusing them, throwing bottles and cans and trying to set their dog on innocent passes by, they are renound trouble causes, this does not mean i condone the attack in anyway!

This young man has accepted the consequences of his actions he did plead guilty after all and his parents are good people so it is unfair to cast aspersions on people you do not know!

The young man in question is no looney and it was a collection which had never been used on anyone and police were already aware he kept them and only took them after the incident to ensure it sealed him a lengthy sentence! none of the apparent victims actually pressed charges one of whom is behind bars himself and on the night in questions were attacking innocent people by verbally abusing them, throwing bottles and cans and trying to set their dog on innocent passes by, they are renound trouble causes, this does not mean i condone the attack in anyway!

This young man has accepted the consequences of his actions he did plead guilty after all and his parents are good people so it is unfair to cast aspersions on people you do not know!

Hmmm, two sides to every story. The thing is, when something happens, victims are usually portrayed as nice, law abiding people who never hurt anyone.

Hmmm, two sides to every story. The thing is, when something happens, victims are usually portrayed as nice, law abiding people who never hurt anyone.

This is so very true, like i said i dont condone his actions but there are 2 sides to every story as you say, and i find it unfair of people to slander the young man in question when they nothing about him or his parents, not everything is as black and white as it is seems.

He is by no means an animal or a looney or what ever else people see fit to call him, to him his actions were justified in a moment of madness and an instinct to protect his family, which of course he now knows was the wrong way to deal with the incident and he is prepared to do his time for the crime.

Vote conservative and all this will be a thing of the past

From The Star link: "Ogden pleaded guilty to causing GBH with intent, attempting to cause GBH with intent, and possessing firearms without a certificate."

He did of course have the alternative of ringing 999 to report the alleged anti-social behavour you mention blondie-blue. Instead he took the law into his own hands and, as you correctly stated, he is now paying for the consequences of his own actions, i.e., 8 years.

Vote conservative and all this will be a thing of the past

How will that happen blackberry? :huh:

I'm fairly certain that not even Mr Cameron has made such a ridiculous claim on behalf of the Conservative Party.

I just can't see how, regardless of anything the victims did, deliberately driving your car at people on the pavement and attempting to kill them doesn't put you in the looney category?