Sports injuries treatment

A friend of mine recieved a blow to the eye area which has resulted in severe bruising.He's asked me to enquire what's the best way to treat the injury to make the bruise disappear a.s.a.p. He's says he's fed up of "looking like half a Panda". No cracks about he should've blocked ,ducked,shouldn't have used the "Face Block" or any "funny" remarks,if you please. This is serious, his entire personality has changed for the worse and may continue to do so if nothing effective is found.Can anyone help him,please?

Thankyou

A friend of mine recieved a blow to the eye area which has resulted in severe bruising.He's asked me to enquire what's the best way to treat the injury to make the bruise disappear a.s.a.p. He's says he's fed up of "looking like half a Panda". No cracks about he should've blocked ,ducked,shouldn't have used the "Face Block" or any "funny" remarks,if you please. This is serious, his entire personality has changed for the worse and may continue to do so if nothing effective is found.Can anyone help him,please?

Thankyou

He needs to wait a week or two. The bruises will go.

Has your friend taken medical advice and been checked over by a doctor? Facial blows can cause brain injuries and even very subtle brain injuries could potentially cause personality changes.

Assuming that he has taken medical advice then the way to minimise bruising is with ice packs (well wrapped so that the tissues don't end up frostbitten and ideally applied for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off throughout the day). Raising the head of his bed should also help reduce the swelling and bleeding into the bruised area, as will not lying with his head down for too much of the time, and not face down at all.

Other than that they heal in their own time which could take a few weeks, but if you really feel that the bruise has to be disguised then I'd recommend buying some Dermablend cosmetic camouflage which can cover up tattoos and port wine stain birth marks so should be able to cover the colouring, if not the swelling. You can get Dermablend from various online sources and if you need to try it out to see the shades and techniques first there are a number of pharmacies which stock it.

http://vichyconsult.co.uk/local/en-gb/dermablend/vichy-dermablend.aspx

It's expensive, but it really is a good camouflage and if that's what it takes to make you more confident then it's worth it in my book. Your friend will need a pot of colour cream, some setting powder and a special remover. Once it's set it looks just like normal skin and you can swim, shower and sweat through it without it coming off. I use it just for covering rosacea, but I grew up with someone who has a port wine stain covering much of her face and she swears by the stuff.

Many thanks I'll pass your recommendations on.