Why can't fit people on benefits be used to repair holes in roads ?

just think if you really want a job you can get one benefits are an easy option

Yes but if you get a job you have to buy a new suit and tie and two shirts. That costs a lot of money. Many jobs pays less than benefits so when you have bought your suit, tie and shirt you are worse off. Also if you have a dog you have to pay vets bills in work but not on benefits.

Are you really saying you want bulldogs to go untreated? Is that your policy at this election? If so I cannot vote for you.

:rant:firstly gov now helps people buy clothes for interviews and then you can now claim tax credits to bump up wages and finally if you dont have money you shouldnt have a pet

Sorry but you are wrong. Many unemployed people own bulldogs for company and protection against vigilanties. Without their bulldogs they would be unable to leave their houses for fear of a lynch mob attacking them. If they cannot leave their house then they cannot look for work so it is a catch 22 situation.

Also the clothes you mention are for interviews only. You have to give them back if you get a job so the next interviewee can have them. All employers require you to own a suit and a tie. Failure to buy a tie results in sacking and then you are back to square one - ie no job. But you cannot buy a tie because you loose benefit when in work even if your employer doesn't pay you.\

? I know it will never happen, but why not ? Sheffield roads are a disgrace. Surely it can't be hard to train people to repair them ? Makes sense to me.

Too much red tape, Health and safety, infringement on human rights, and anything else the PC do gooders can think of. Brilliant idea but as you say it will never happen.