Is society losing patience towards people on benefits?

Oi - I am not a troll. I'm not that ugly for a start. :hihi:

Not you, dumpling.

id be inclined to be more miffed at the governments fuel duty than the few pence the scrounger takes on a per taxpayer basis.

Is it not possible to be miffed about several things at once?

At least taxation is legitimate, even if we don't agree with how it's raised.

I'm not the poster trumpling. that poster does have points. most of you workers are like dogs.

I'll give you an analogy. If you lock your dog and your wife into the boot of your car for 2 hours...............2 hours later, only one of those locked in the boot will be happy to see you, the other one will be furious.

You lot are like the dog in the boot, no matter how badly you get treat by the government, you will always be there at the voting booth come the election, voting labour. Labour will then shaft you for another few years, you can either take advantage of the system or pay into the system

What makes you think that the people who dislike the benefits system will be voting labour???

Easy solution...cut benefits...

What about those doing it slow wanting to get sacked because they feel bullied at work?

You cant just cut benefits because some lazy sod on 20 fags a day and special brew are apart of the que.

Benefits are designed to assist in times of economic crisis recovery (like now) and post war time. As soon as the country is back on its feet benefits should be cut right back to include people who are disabled, aged or lumbered with more important duties (such as university? While I am at it, university should be a challenge not a certificate distribution centre)

Without benefits the country would be forced to be more productive as the faster work rate would mean faster developement and innovation, in order to win the rat race superior products would have to be supplied.

More jobless without benefits would mean more crime which means more jobs (police officers, detectives etc) and for those not criminally inclined; services to the fellow wo/man would be become increasingly common, that guy down the road who can't get a job but has a strong back will happily do your gardening for a few bob.

Extra services for small amounts of cash would soon overcome any kind of tacing and monitoring and the country can then break and start all over again... and get it right this time.

Ooh, more competition in the work place gives the government a reason to cut down dramatically on its immigration policies aswell.

Benefits were designed as a safety net for individuals who end up out of work, not as a safety net for the country after war or in a recession.

Without benefits people would starve and crime would rise drastically. The rate of work wouldn't increase, part of the problem at the moment is a lack of consumers, a company benefits nothing from over production.

More crime might mean that more police would be required, and also more jails I suppose. None of which comes for free.

You know what. Lifestyle benefit claimants used to really get my back up. I used to get really annoyed when I saw people that didn't work having more than me. I say more than me but I only mean free rent and reduced council tax. The rest that used to annoy me like cars, satellite TV, Playstations and any other machine that makes a miserable existence pass quickly. I now realise that essentially that's all they have. Sure they have a small income which they get from the rest of us but can you imagine being pathetic enough to think that all there is to life is a measly £120.

For me work is a great thins. I started on a not so good job earning not a lot of money, I wasn't better off on benefits and believe this to be a myth as working tax credits are worth as much as the dole to an ex claimant. I now have a cracking job, get to travel the country, play with hi-tech gear and meet fantastic people. I genuinely do pity people that think that all their is to life is a few quid handouts.

Work isn't just about work for me, nor is it always about money. Work for me is about getting out there, meeting people, doing different things and generally doing the best I can as a person. Then again life is about that for me. I would hate to, when asked by my possible future grandkids "what did you do granddad?" to reply with nothing, most days barring one every week or fortnight were pretty much the same and I just waited for the next handout. Ultimately that's the life they have.

Disclaimer: I am aware there are people who need benefits for various reasons but this is with regards to the lifestyle benefit seekers who do have a chance to do more with their lives.

In a way you guys in full time job are paying my rent/rates so i will not be childish like you and start calling you names, And please keep up with the good work

What makes you think that the people who dislike the benefits system will be voting labour???

Well I gave the analogy of locking your pet dog and your wife in the boot of your car for 2 hours. After 2 hours, you unlock the boot and let them out (the dog and wife), only one of the those locked in the boot will be happy to see you, the other will be stark raving mad (the wife).

Labour Supporters, often the hardest working and the lowest paid are getting sick to the back teeth of being taxed. Yet, no matter how badly New Labour treats their own supporters, they will always vote Labour. Again, if you wrestled your dog + your wife to the floor, and sat on their faces and farted, the dog would forgive you time and time again.

Labour no longer represent the working classes, they support the political elite, people who are out of touch. Working class people do not see this.

Labour will win the next election because of the following groups of people

1) Mass imigration - migrants who take advantage of the benefits system

2) Workshy (yes me) - people who enjoy being better off not working, and there are 10 million of us, not 2 million

3) The political elitle

4) People in public sector roles - a mass army who would lose their jobs should the Conservatives be elected.

So that leaves the people in proper job,s and there not many of those left.

<snip>

Labour no longer represent the working classes, they support the political elite, people who are out of touch. Working class people do not see this.

<snip>

Argh. I agree.

What really scares me is the Sun, which also doesn't represent working class people (anyone remember how militant it was campaigning that Inheritance Tax Threshold should be raised to £1 million? Yeah, for the working class. lmao)..

The Sun tries to tell its audience that the Conservatives are for the working class, that's what terrifies me. Labour might have left the workers behind, the Tories want to ram workers up against the wall to maximise their corporate profits. "Promote Enterprise" is another way of saying "Starve them to desperation"

What makes you think that the people posting on here are or ever have been labour supporters?

Well I gave the analogy of locking your pet dog and your wife in the boot of your car for 2 hours. After 2 hours, you unlock the boot and let them out (the dog and wife), only one of the those locked in the boot will be happy to see you, the other will be stark raving mad (the wife).

Labour Supporters, often the hardest working and the lowest paid are getting sick to the back teeth of being taxed. Yet, no matter how badly New Labour treats their own supporters, they will always vote Labour. Again, if you wrestled your dog + your wife to the floor, and sat on their faces and farted, the dog would forgive you time and time again.

Labour will win the next election because of the following groups of people

1) Mass imigration - migrants who take advantage of the benefits system

2) Workshy (yes me) - people who enjoy being better off not working, and there are 10 million of us, not 2 million

3) The political elitle

4) People in public sector roles - a mass army who would lose their jobs should the Conservatives be elected.

So that leaves the people in proper job,s and there not many of those left.

sEE BENEFIT BOY IS NOT ME, I CANT COME OUT WITH BIG SENTENCES LIKE THAT AND TALK IN SUCH GOOD ENGLISH