Shops that sell crystals in Sheffield?

There is a fantastic crystal shop in Chesterfield, Currios Goods ,4 The Shambles, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 1PX. Tel : 01246 207867. It's well worth the effort to go, it's small but packed full of goodies.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I will have to go to those. I have been to Elsecar Heritage Centre in Barnsley today as this weekend they have a Mind Body and Spirit Fayre. It was extremely busy and had a few crystal stalls but i didn't really find the crystals i wanted. I saw a stall with Rose quartz lamps and they looked fantastic but will have to save up for one of those.

Other than Curious Goods in Chesterfield, I buy my healing crystals from the shop at Treakcliffe Cavern and their shop in the village at Castleton. Excellent energies but remember to handle them first to check you'll work well with them.

Other than Curious Goods in Chesterfield, I buy my healing crystals from the shop at Treakcliffe Cavern and their shop in the village at Castleton. Excellent energies but remember to handle them first to check you'll work well with them.

Is there a way of measuring the power as I wouldn't want to damage myself by handling them wrong.

Is there a way of measuring the power as I wouldn't want to damage myself by handling them wrong.

I can only speak from experience and I'm self-taught.

I roll the crystal round in my hand and "listen" to it with my emotions whilst focussing on the person and purpose I intend it for. If I feel uncomfortable, then it's not the right one. I just use my instincts. I don't know how anyone else assesses crystals, but to my knowledge, a crystal can't harm you, it'll just give you a headache if you insist on using the wrong one.

I can go through an entire basket of crystals of the same type, and find only a small number I can work with, so there are even variables within the crystals themselves, not just the types.

Hi there is another shop in Sheffield Markets but ive forgotten wot its called but she also reads cards from there (by appointment only) she sells all things like that, its located inbetween the 2 floors...as u walk in the market theres the record stall n the stairs to the right of ya, go down the stairs n its the 2nd flight down to ya right its a shop on its own which sells all things like dreamcatchers etc n i noticed some stones etc not sure if healing ones but if ur about there then mite be worth poppin in to save long journeys?? hope it helps anyways luv good luk xx

This shop shut last week the lady retired.

Due to il-health?

Why not buy some quartz gravel from Wickes and let your imagination do the rest?

I'm sorry Rosa, I couldn't resist. I hope you get some pain relief, but I despair of intelligent people spending money on stuff like this, when you might as well throw some rice over your shoulder and hope for a better day tomorrow.

Good luck.

Why not buy some quartz gravel from Wickes and let your imagination do the rest?

I'm sorry Rosa, I couldn't resist. I hope you get some pain relief, but I despair of intelligent people spending money on stuff like this, when you might as well throw some rice over your shoulder and hope for a better day tomorrow.

Good luck.

You don't believe in the healing power of crystals, and that's cool, but there are people I've helped who also didn't believe.....until they benefitted from crystals I'd gifted to them. One of them suffers from fibromyalgia and has little relief from conventional medicine, so uses the crystals as a top-up as well.

Faith and belief when it does no harm can improve the quality of our lives, and anyone who pays more than a quid for a crystal is missing the point....

Goddess Bless xxx

"Anyone who pays more than £1 is missing the point" - (sorry, I didn't manage to copy the quote thing right, am still getting the hang of this!)-

I'm pleased to hear you say that, djelibaybi, but surely this is only the placebo effect? Which is not to be knocked, of course. :)

Hi there is another shop in Sheffield Markets but ive forgotten wot its called but she also reads cards from there (by appointment only) she sells all things like that, its located inbetween the 2 floors...as u walk in the market theres the record stall n the stairs to the right of ya, go down the stairs n its the 2nd flight down to ya right its a shop on its own which sells all things like dreamcatchers etc n i noticed some stones etc not sure if healing ones but if ur about there then mite be worth poppin in to save long journeys?? hope it helps anyways luv good luk xx

Thanks, will look out for that when I am in town next. You never know they might just have the crystals I might like.