Thai/Kickboxing& MMA Show , Queens Road 8th MAY

No you tight *******... LOL...

Craig.

That's cruel thing to say,Craig.Tha's upset me, nah!:sad:

You've plenty of dosh.. shurrup moaning.. see you sat pal.. x

Craig.

can you drop another 20 tickets down pal ?

Craig.

I'll see you wednesday Craig with the 20 tickets for Shaun and the posters. How many posters will you need seeing as you have 4 lads on?

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade but I am bitterly dissapointed that our old friends , that band of jokers that represent showdown have been strangely silent of late.

Steve70/spider66/sammy1ball/samy01/Ant7/anthobbs or whatever you choose to call yourself . Have you crawled back into the hole you came from?

:hihi:

yo lads

r there any vids of the last event or wot

Bring us 5 posters pal, if you can..

Craig.

Bring us 5 posters pal, if you can..

Craig.

5 posters and a book of 20 tickets it is then! Oh and il try to bring some energy and enthusiasm (and £5 LOL) if i decide to have a train while im there. :D

Ok pal.. see you later..

Craig.

Hi Farhad can i have some posters and a book of 20 tickets too please.

Hi Farhad can i have some posters and a book of 20 tickets too please.

Sure you can Brian, your place or mine?

Marco Portaluri (Kapap) at 67kg finally matched. What a pity it was so hard to match him.

He wont bite you know ? LOL Hes only had 3 wins and a draw .

Thaiboxing is a THAI sport. As such it is surrounded by history and various actions what would seem like rituals to the western mind.

Thaiboxing bouts generally begin with the Ram Muay which is a traditional dance where both boxers will symbolise digging an opponents grave or shooting a deer and the Wai Kru which is a series of 3 bows in the corner to show homage to the camp and instructor (among other things) each bow signifiying a different thing.

While a bout is in progress , a Thaiboxing bout will have the thai music which is traditionally played by a band and speeds up as the fight progresses. Over here we simply use a CD.

Thaiboxing bouts are scored differently to boxing and kickboxing bouts.

A Boxing or Kickboxing bout is scored more visually i.e. you can watch a boxing or kickboxing bout and pretty much judge who won.

A Thaiboxing bout is scored on cumulative effect and the last 2 rounds carry more weight than rounds 1-3. As a general rule, round 1 is often scored even with a footnote on who did slightly better (this often does not count towards the final score).

A "thai" boxing bout without the above elements is quite simply a kickboxing bout.

Hence why many shows are quick to advertise to camps that they use "thai scoring".

Shows thaty score workrate or number of shots landed or that score hands equally to legs are referred to as using "kickboxing scoring".

"kickboxing scoring" is more easy to understand for the western eye.

I hope this answers a few questions you may have.

Is there going to be any thai fights on this time?