N-Power electricity charges

i live in similar circumstances to you, but a one bed flat, all electric, normal usage etc etc. also with n-power.

im waiting for my first quarterly bill (5 months after moving in i might add!) but everytime i have had to contact them they tried to get me to pay by direct debit or a set amount a month etc.

you may get a discount for paying by DD but i dont trust them as far as i can throw them, im waiting for my bill, doing a meter reading and then requesting a new bill based on my actual usage not on their estimated usage (ie whatever they wanna charge me).

dont really know how much it will be as i've never lived in a flat with all electric and no gas before, but im certainly not expecting a shock, im hardly ever here.

i'd send them a meter reading so their estimates can be more accurate, but if you live in a block like mine you will have to get the concierge to read it for you

I live on my own in a 2 bedroom apartment. It doesn't have gas so all electric.

Probably have 1 electric heater on for a few hours in the evening, and other electric equipment is just standard. I don't have a cannabis farm for example...

Is £50 a month a little high?

Royal plaza by any chance?

We are currently being ripped of £80/month and we don't even ever have heating on. Nobody is in during the day as we both work too, we rarely ever press the boost button and yet our bill is still stupidly high.

Royal plaza by any chance?

We are currently being ripped of £80/month and we don't even ever have heating on. Nobody is in during the day as we both work too, we rarely ever press the boost button and yet our bill is still stupidly high.

West One. Other people don't seem to have it that high and they did seem to want to set up a direct debit of £50 which I thought was odd as how do they know how much electricity I'm going to use? I might be out of the country for a month and turn everything off so I'm not sure how they think charging that is reasonable...

I might contact them to say it seems a bit high, but like someone else says I need to get the concierge to do a meter reading.

they were insistant on me trying to set up a direct debit, i just told them that there were long periods where i wasnt at home all day and the only usage i had was the hot water heater for an hour in the night and the kettle in the morning, then other times i'd be home loads.

just get them to send you an estimated quarterly bill and then provide a meter reading so you only pay for what you use. i told them i was gonna do this as i preferred it. after a couple of times their estimates will be more accurate. just have to annoy the concierge a couple of times this year though!

on the opposite hand after 5 months in the flat i have still to receive my first quarterly bill. when i called to ask where it was they said it was due soon, would i like to pay by DD?! still waiting for it.

if i could change supplier i would....