Microfilter problems

sorry ghozer last post heres my set up

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x3/mr_yosh/phone.jpg

Sorry Denomis, but that (as described by you) simply can't work. It goes against the laws of science.

You must have connected to the telephone side of the filter to achieve that set up and therefore you'll be filtering out all of the data frequencies (higher than the voice ones) so they won't be able to reach the router.

BTW are we really that off topic by discussing how DSL works? :huh:

BTW are we really that off topic by discussing how DSL works? :huh:

If thats all you do then thats fine, but it was edging towards personal insults...

If thats all you do then thats fine, but it was edging towards personal insults...

Fair enough.

I meant 'smart arse' in light hearted way, but these things don't always work online as you intend...

no offence taken all in good fun and yes i dropped a knacker with the diagram this is right

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x3/mr_yosh/phone-1.jpg

Glad to hear it :)

Now the setup in this diagram will work fine for DSL, but are you sure the Sky box connects ok?

The point stands that it won't be a BT style connection at the filter end, but rather an RJ-11

Hi guys

I work in 2nd Line Broadband support so I can tell you how things sohuld be set up.

In an ideal world, you should have your router plugged into the main BT socket in the house. Sometimes this isnt feasibile though.

You should have an ADSL microfilter as the FIRST thing in any used socket, with the phone (or phone extension) in one side, and the DSL in the other. The only exception (i can think of) is if your phone AND your router are miles away from the socket, in which case you can have your extension cable as your first item in the socket, with the filter at the end, as long as you dont have any other devices in between.

I usually recommend this website: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/splitter_install.htm to customers having install problems, as Kitz is very knowledgable about Broadband.

the correct way is wall socket filter then your other crap you will also need filters on any other wall socket like bedroom extention etc

http://www.dlink.com.au/Images/Product_images/ADSL-Microfilter-Diagram.jpg

the doubler would plug into the filter then plug your phone and sky into the doubler

Hi guys

I work in 2nd Line Broadband support so I can tell you how things sohuld be set up.

In an ideal world, you should have your router plugged into the main BT socket in the house. Sometimes this isnt feasibile though.

You should have an ADSL microfilter as the FIRST thing in any used socket, with the phone (or phone extension) in one side, and the DSL in the other. The only exception (i can think of) is if your phone AND your router are miles away from the socket, in which case you can have your extension cable as your first item in the socket, with the filter at the end, as long as you dont have any other devices in between.

I usually recommend this website: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/splitter_install.htm to customers having install problems, as Kitz is very knowledgable about Broadband.

i wont gloat :D and yes my sky works fine

i wont gloat :D and yes my sky works fine

Well you wouldn't really notice if it didn't. The first you'd know would be when Sky call you to say the box isn't ringing back to them.

Wouldn't affect your pictures at all

Hi guys

Cheers, but we did that about 3 pages ago :)

Cheers, but we did that about 3 pages ago :)

I've read the entire thread thanks. There still seems to be some confusion from others about how things should be set up.

I've read the entire thread thanks. There still seems to be some confusion from others about how things should be set up.

You haven't exactly told the thread anything that we didn't back then though.