Black cab driver saturday night

I regularly catch a black cab home on a saturday night from town to firth park and it always costs me about £8. i went out last sat (6th) and the driver asked for £10 upfront or he wouldnt take me home :S i was just wondering if this is a new thing theyre doing, asking for money up front?

i gave him the money but he only took me as far as the end of my road and said my money was up and i had to get out. at this point i told him that £10 was expensive for this trip and it never usually costs me more than £8. after this he took me to my door, but i was still a bit annoyed

I regularly catch a black cab home on a saturday night from town to firth park and it always costs me about £8. i went out last sat (6th) and the driver asked for £10 upfront or he wouldnt take me home :S i was just wondering if this is a new thing theyre doing, asking for money up front?

i gave him the money but he only took me as far as the end of my road and said my money was up and i had to get out. at this point i told him that £10 was expensive for this trip and it never usually costs me more than £8. after this he took me to my door, but i was still a bit annoyed

Some taxi drivers do this because they don't like going to firth park, some have refused point blank to even go there before. I wouldn't agree to give them the money first as they can rip you off as you experienced. I would have gotten his reg.

They leave you just short so they don't get mugged where your pals are waiting.

But as an honest law abiding angelicxx it must be worrying not to be dropped off and to be treated like a criminal. You could have got his badge number and discussed it with the licensing section at the town hall.

i hardly look like the sort of person that would have pals waiting to mug someone lol i think he was just trying to rip me off because im young and female and thought i wouldnt say anything

Always ensure the taxi meter is switched on for the journey and no driver is allowed to charge you more than the meter fare, so what was the price displayed on the meter and why didn't you question the fact if it wasn't used?

I never use black cab as there a rip off I live near firth park and it cost about £7-7.50 Every tme Ive got a balck cab its always been no less than £10. Oh on a complete differant subject as you live firth park did you know butchers next to Natwest bank is sellin 2 Litre milk full fat and semi skimmed for a bargain of 79p?!!!!!!

Some taxi drivers do this because they don't like going to firth park, some have refused point blank to even go there before. I wouldn't agree to give them the money first as they can rip you off as you experienced. I would have gotten his reg.

This practice , of taking money first and not stopping outside homes, is not just restricted to Firth Park - we live in S10 and this has happened to my child many times.

now that you mention it, the meter wasnt switched on :S cant believe its took me til now to realise that lol

This practice , of taking money first and not stopping outside homes, is not just restricted to Firth Park - we live in S10 and this has happened to my child many times.

I live just outside firth park at wincobank Ive never been refused to be taken home and I didnt think it was that bad!

now that you mention it, the meter wasnt switched on :S cant believe its took me til now to realise that lol

What a wally:hihi:

Oh on a complete differant subject as you live firth park did you know butchers next to Natwest bank is sellin 2 Litre milk full fat and semi skimmed for a bargain of 79p?!!!!!!

bargain! think ill go and get some milk from there :D thanks!