Where to get wired 360 pad

where can i buy a 360 joypad goto be wired argos none in stock hmv out of stock none in currys none in pc world

i bought one from blockbuster a few days ago for 12 quid pre owned, i am in cheshire though so not sure if the local ones there will have them, but i'd think they would.

Game in Meadowhall had about 200 of them in stock last time I was in.

there 25 from game mate

think il just wait and get 1 from hmv for 15

Any luck with my suggestions on fixing the wireless?

dmh79 not yet mate will take facia of when i get home later and try that will let ya no got me puzzled

If you have a wireless one, just buy a 'play and charge kit' - it will turn your wirleless into wired - simple!

(For those who don't know a play and charge kit is an official accessory that plugs in the back of your controller, swaps out the AA batteries in the pad for a rechargable battery and then connects via USB so you can charge the battery while you play)

If you have a wireless one, just buy a 'play and charge kit' - it will turn your wirleless into wired - simple!

(For those who don't know a play and charge kit is an official accessory that plugs in the back of your controller, swaps out the AA batteries in the pad for a rechargable battery and then connects via USB so you can charge the battery while you play)

That is just wrong. The only thing that goes through the USB cable is power. Even when it is connected to your Xbox 360 via USB, it is still communicating with the Xbox via the normal wireless method. There is no way for a wireless pad to become a fully wired pad.

That is just wrong. The only thing that goes through the USB cable is power. Even when it is connected to your Xbox 360 via USB, it is still communicating with the Xbox via the normal wireless method. There is no way for a wireless pad to become a fully wired pad.

If that's the case then apologies - I thought it did!

where can i buy a 360 joypad goto be wired argos none in stock hmv out of stock none in currys none in pc world

Theyve got them on Play.com £17.99

I guess this is about the myth that wired give you an advantage in playing shooter games. Otherwise a plug and play kit does work for the same purpose.

I guess this is about the myth that wired give you an advantage in playing shooter games. Otherwise a plug and play kit does work for the same purpose.

What myth is this then? :confused:

All the plug and play kit does is send power to the battery pack in the controller. It doesn't actually give it a full wired connection. The controller still continues to use the wireless system to communicate with the Xbox, even though it is physically connected to it. This is why it takes so much longer to charge the battery using the plug and play kit as opposed to using the quick charge kit. I know this for a fact as whenever my housemate comes to play on my xbox and his battery is running out, he can connect it to my xbox, turn the controller on and it will still connect to his xbox downstairs. You have to resynchronise it even though it is plugged into the console!