Inconsiderate Parking!!

People park over the end my drive all the time while they 'nip to the shops' (yes I have spoken to the people concerned), despite the double yellow lines and my car clearly in the drive. I need constant access for work reasons and told parking services several times. Answers have ranged from "it's snowed, not our problem" when my road is gritted and clear, both yellow lines and my driveway were clearly visible. To "what can we do apart from ticket them?", erm ticket them so they might think before they park next time!:rant:

Now I know there is didly squat I can do as its a public highway bla, bla, bla.

But i'm really pee'd off, I spent 2 hours clearing snow from outside my house yeasterday, drove around to find a grit bin with grit in it it, gritted th part of the road I had shovelled snow from, all the paths leading to it etc. etc.

So when I get home from work yesterday (bear in mind my road is empty of cars) I find some inconsiderate t**t parked in the space I had cleared and gritted hours before!!

I'm guessing they didn't see the 2 big mountains of snow and the cleared paths leading upto my house!!

As I said I know there was nothing I could do as its a public highway but how I was so tempted to put the snow I had dug out back, or to get the hose pipe out and accidentley leave it on spinkler pointing at their car!!

Anyway rant over.

Sounds like you have a chair missing to me.You clear part of a road of snow and expect others not to use that spot over ones that arnt clear?

Ha ha,i doubt any driver would have made a different choice including you.

Sounds like you have a chair missing to me.You clear part of a road of snow and expect others not to use that spot over ones that arnt clear?

Ha ha,i doubt any driver would have made a different choice including you.

Apart from people may consider what I put in my previous post. Why does any act of consideration get met with such disbelief on here? Not everyone was born in Sheffield you know...

Apart from people may consider what I put in my previous post. Why does any act of consideration get met with such disbelief on here? Not everyone was born in Sheffield you know...

What act of consideration?

What act of consideration?

Not parking in a space someone has clearly gone to the time and effort to clear.

Not parking in a space someone has clearly gone to the time and effort to clear.

It wasnt being used!

The driver of the parked car probably thought that the cleared road was from your car having been there previously.

oooh, lets name and shame, which roads does everyone live on?

Think I have a similar inconsiderate neigbour. Some numpy woman from one end of my street decided to abandon her car at the other end of the street every afternoon/evening last week. Not sure why as road was clear enough to drive down. She carefully parked in the same place each day. 3 feet away from the curb (yes that's correct...right slap bang in the middle of the road) and level with the grit bin. 3 days running the council came to fill the bin and couldn't because she was totally blocking the road. In the end they managed to get the grit over the top of her car and in to the bin but I was secrectly hoping they would drop it all on to her car :P

but some humans have a better nature than others.

I can't believe how much I wanted her to find her car covered in grit, evil I know :D

Think I have a similar inconsiderate neigbour. Some numpy woman from one end of my street decided to abandon her car at the other end of the street every afternoon/evening last week. Not sure why as road was clear enough to drive down. She carefully parked in the same place each day. 3 feet away from the curb (yes that's correct...right slap bang in the middle of the road) and level with the grit bin. 3 days running the council came to fill the bin and couldn't because she was totally blocking the road. In the end they managed to get the grit over the top of her car and in to the bin but I was secrectly hoping they would drop it all on to her car :P

They ought to have had the powers to shunt her out of the way (as far as possible down the road, IMO) like in America where it's illegal to park by a fire hydrant.