Embarrassingly funny!

I thought id share one of my("wish the ground would open up and swollow me")moments with you.

This is no joke, I promise.

A couple of years ago we bought a new combi microwave from comet, a nice big silver one. Got it home and opened it to find it was the wrong colour. I put it on the side thinking that might look better with a few things next to it...but it did'nt.

So I re-packaged it, put it in car and took it back. I asked to see the fella that sold it to me and let him know that I was'nt impressed at having to trail all the way back again.

After giving me a puzzled look he checked the serial No on the box and looked inside.

With a quivering lip he suggested that I should take it back home and take the (extremely well sealed I might add)plastic protective covering off.

I felt the blood rush to my face, and by this time two more customers were behind me, probably married, I don'nt know. But the woman did'nt have the salesman's diplomecy,she burst out laughing...could'nt contain herself, she had to hold on to the counter. Where as I could'nt get out quick enough.

Got laughed at again when I got home.:blush:

I cant believe I just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that.

I can't believe you spent 2 minutes to write back:banana:

How mean! Twasn't a bad story Danot!

I thought id share one of my("wish the ground would open up and swollow me")moments with you.

This is no joke, I promise.

A couple of years ago we bought a new combi microwave from comet, a nice big silver one. Got it home and opened it to find it was the wrong colour. I put it on the side thinking that might look better with a few things next to it...but it did'nt.

So I re-packaged it, put it in car and took it back. I asked to see the fella that sold it to me and let him know that I was'nt impressed at having to trail all the way back again.

After giving me a puzzled look he checked the serial No on the box and looked inside.

With a quivering lip he suggested that I should take it back home and take the (extremely well sealed I might add)plastic protective covering off.

I felt the blood rush to my face, and by this time two more customers were behind me, probably married, I don'nt know. But the woman did'nt have the salesman's diplomecy,she burst out laughing...could'nt contain herself, she had to hold on to the counter. Where as I could'nt get out quick enough.

Got laughed at again when I got home.:blush:

Well at least you brightened up the salesman's day. He'll remember your face forever, lol. If he still works there he may even give you a discount, for providing a smile on said day. Jump in car and see.

Ingnore last comment, I found story funny, just glad you and not me.

reminds me of my mother in law who grilled some cheese slices on toast, without taking the plastic off. :hihi:

:thumbsup:

Thank you!:thumbsup: I suppose you cant please everybody.

I once boiled some turkey bones for hours to get some stock. Then if I didnt get a colindar , and strained the bones in it, leaving me with the bones ,while all the stock went straight down the sink.:loopy::loopy:

I once bought a new air filter for my car. Got it home and realised that the one in my car was oval shaped, and the new one I'd got was circular. I took it back and told him he'd sold me the wrong type. He took it out of my hands and gently pushed the sides of the circle... to make an oval. He didn't find it even remotely amusing!

I once boiled some turkey bones for hours to get some stock. Then if I didnt get a colindar , and strained the bones in it, leaving me with the bones ,while all the stock went straight down the sink.:loopy::loopy:

Classic:hihi:

Classic:hihi:

And your story was also funny danot ! :hihi::hihi:

Now, no offence, but that's what I call a typical women, cooking. Why do you think all chefs are men.

Answers on a postcard please.