Does anyone work for Freemans in Sheffield?

Does anyone have a number for their facilities or HR department?

Thanks

Does anyone have a number for their facilities or HR department?

Thanks

The main number is 01142610261 - ask to be put through to HR

Having worked at this esteemed company for all of two months I can hand on heart say that it is the worst company I have ever worked for.

I have worked in the past at capita and ventura so you can see that I am talking about the crem de la crem of awfulness.

It was shambolic from day 1 instead of how it normally is (and has been reverted to) we were made to do both orderline and answerline together in one training session over 6 weeks. Training was absolutley shambolic with no structure, the trainer we had was ok but she didn't have any focus thus she would tell us something and then they would be five minutes of general chitchat (nothing to do with the course) so consequently we didn't learn much. When we went on to the 'shop floor' we were segregated from our team for 3 weeks, our team manager was not what you would call easy to get on with.

The things we were told to do in training vastly differed from what we could actually use on the shop floor so again this caused confusion.

The hygiene was not brilliant and toilets were not cleaned as often as they could have been (there was only about 20 toilets total for around 300 staff.

The main thing though about me personally is because I wear hearing aids they didn't know how to cope with me. Even though I explained all this in my application they were unwilling to sort anything out beyond giving me a double headset. They was a new phone system being installed but this was not compatiable with my hearing aids, so consequently they got rid of me before the new phone system was installed fully.

Sorry to rant but this is really one of the worst companies I have worked for.

One thing that they have done is because they was such a big recruitment and we have been trained for in effect two jobs in one time on an archaic system (it is still command base) then how on earth are they expecting us to do the job.

I used to work here 2002 - 2004. Doesn't sound like the company has updated that much since I left. Who was your trainer and team leader?

My trainer was someone new called Helen but she was assisted (if you could call it that by someone called lisa (she was tall wore glasses and had been there around 15 years. My team manager is/was (I am on suspension but will get sacked following this time if not will resign), Alison can't remeber her surname but she was forthright and had long reddish hair and had been there around 12 years.

Her manager David didn't like me from day one, over working new year (they wanted volunteers this year because I was new I thought it best not to volunteer needless to say this didn't go down very well. As I say they weren't that helpful with regards to my hearing aids. My feeling is I am a problem with no solution so they use any slight infringement to get rid of me.

I am gutted (not)

as anyone got the sik line number for freemans in sheff plzzzzzzzzzz ><

Lol you mean the number where you have to report your illness and get interrogated by staff who are to big for their boots. No i dont have that number

if you work there shouldn't you have it already? I assume you didn't spell words like that on your CV?

lol na i dint well tbh there usless and not been given it yet ><

does anyone have the sik line number at all plz??:loopy:

i need sick line number in case snow carrys on ><

why not just ring freemans switchboard and tell them to put u through