Bring Back Billy??

Now hes got his confidence back, is i time to bring him back?

No, leave him be.

He's enjoying his football and been away from the Blades is best for his career.

The more goals he scores for Donny the more we can sell him for.

I'd love to see him banging the goals in at the Lane but it was a bad move for him, imagine signing for your boyhood club and things not working out, it's gonna effect you isn't it.

No, leave him be.

He's enjoying his football and been away from the Blades is best for his career.

The more goals he scores for Donny the more we can sell him for.

I'd love to see him banging the goals in at the Lane but it was a bad move for him, imagine signing for your boyhood club and things not working out, it's gonna effect you isn't it.

totally agree- he isn't a player who suits united style of play and we should sell his for as much as we can get.

Why would we need him back anyway- we have plenty of goals in the team at the minute anyway- included the leagues 2nd highest goalscorer?

Why would we need him back anyway- we have plenty of goals in the team at the minute anyway- included the leagues 2nd highest goalscorer?

Because he's scored more goals for a lesser team than all but one of our strikers...

I agree that he may not suit our style of play, but then, I don't think Ched Evans does either. Sharp would be a decent option from the bench at least, although I fully understand the logic in leaving him at Doncaster to increase his sale value.

I read this in todays Guardian:

Ched Evans, Sheffield United: Evans swapped Manchester City for United last summer and, although he has scored a modest three goals in 19 games, Gary Speed, the first-team coach at Bramall Lane, has hailed the centre forward as "a new Shearer" – but with one proviso. Speed, who played with Shearer at Newcastle, said: "Ched is like Alan Shearer in the runs he makes and his hold up play. I've never seen anyone hit the ball as hard – even Shearer. He's very much in that mould but Alan was a goalscorer too. That's the next step for Ched."

Sorry, but the Ched Evans spoken of by Gary Speed is nothing like the one I've watched. I don't think he holds play up particularly well, nor is he particularly nimble or strong. Evans is not a bad player, but Speed must have taken his rose tinted spectacles and coated them with a layer of Dulux 'red stallion' matt emulsion.

he's scored again today against derby..i make that 8 in 8...just goes to show what he can do under a good manager :(

Whats the point in getting him back? It's already been proven that he's no good for us.

If we actually played him in the right position and adapted our game to his benefit then he'd be good but theres one problem with that. We've got Kevin Blackwell in charge. The same man who, when we're winning 1-0 and looking increasingly likely to get more, he takes off a striker and brings on a left back and then procedes to play him in left midfield. Add to the this that said left back is absolutely abysmal then that just shows you how clueless Blackwell really is.

Whats the point in getting him back? It's already been proven that he's no good for us.

If we actually played him in the right position and adapted our game to his benefit then he'd be good but theres one problem with that. We've got Kevin Blackwell in charge. The same man who, when we're winning 1-0 and looking increasingly likely to get more, he takes off a striker and brings on a left back and then procedes to play him in left midfield. Add to the this that said left back is absolutely abysmal then that just shows you how clueless Blackwell really is.

couldn't have put it better myself mate......can you imagine how our team could perform with lets say mark robins in charge with billy sharpe up front.:)

couldn't have put it better myself mate......can you imagine how our team could perform with lets say mark robins in charge with billy sharpe up front.:)

Well we'd certainly be a lot better than with Hoofwell in charge!!!

Well we'd certainly be a lot better than with Hoofwell in charge!!!

hoofwell..............:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: like it:D

At least his value must be increasing every week... Must be worth £1.5m by now if they were offering him to clubs for £1m when he went out on loan.

At least his value must be increasing every week... Must be worth £1.5m by now if they were offering him to clubs for £1m when he went out on loan.

yep thats true...but who ever buys him will get him by putting 500 grand down and 20 quid a week for 25 years depending on appearances of course