A Fixed Monthly Meet

Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a fixed monthly meet?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by Siân

Ok, I finally feel brave enough to actually say something on this forum. I really like this site (I've been visiting it for a while but have only recently registered.)

I read the postings on here often enough to feel I sort of recognise some of you - albeit I sort of think of you as the little avatars you use :blush:

I love the idea of a regular meet particularly as I'm new to Sheffield ( I've been here less than a year.) :)

Welcome Sian,

so who are you then, Basil Brush?

Boom Boom:D

Hiya thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Welcome Sian, 
so who are you then, Basil Brush? 

Oh yes... You'll be able to tell me a mile off at any meet One dirty laugh and one very big brush ;)(BOOM BOOM)

Originally posted by alchresearch

Didn't Funke88 say she was coming over to Sheffield soon? As she is travelling the furtherest perhaps we could revolve it around that?

I’ve been in contact with Funke88 and she, and her husband, can make it about 7pm, Thursday 6th November. I suggested ‘The Washington’, but that, of course, is up to Forum members – the date, however, is now fixed (but not for a regular monthly meet – if people are still interested).. I just thought that it would be good to meet her, being as she is a very regular contributer. Anyway, it’s now open again for the venue …:)

Hi

I'm fairly new to the forum too and have already been impressed with the overall friendliness here - thanks for that :)

I'm up for coming to the next meet and think The Washington is a great choice of venue. Its friendly and relaxed and is easy enough to get to plus you get to see some of the muso's from local bands past and present there :)

Anyway great forum, keep it up :)

I agree CW, it makes sense to time the next meet to cooincide with funkie88's visit to out glorious country ;)

Nice place too, the washington, quite 'cosy' ...

I'll be there at the next meet on the 6th (assuming all you lovely forum peeps are happy about the date / venue) ... the date / venue suits me.

Hopefully will see you there Xtro.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by JamieW

Nice place too, the washington, quite 'cosy' ...

And we will be the only people in there. Which is nice.

Originally posted by JamieW

Hopefully will see you there Xtro.

:thumbsup:

Yeah sure mate :)

Might even stretch to digging my wallet out and buying you a pint ;)

So November 6th at the Washington then? I think I missed the date being picked silly me :) Has a time been picked etc etc?

Well, seems like a date you guys. Nov 6th at the Washington.

Problem is, where is the Washington?

Anyway, I'd like to say thanks to Carlwark for organizing a meet and especially for working it around when I'm in town. Doesn't seem like anyone else has had any other good ideas or taken the initiative to organize anything this time around. I would get involved myself but I don't know my way around Sheffield anymore. I got the impression when talking in the chat room on Sunday that some of you weren't interested. Well, no ones asking you to come but it would be nice.

I won't be able to make it folks. I'm off on holiday.

Why not pop in and ask Mick, the landlord, to do some catering. He knows us pretty well, explain Sass and Buffy did the catering at the last couple of meets, so could he put something on......? No harm in trying.

Originally posted by Funke88

Well, seems like a date you guys. Nov 6th at the Washington.

Problem is, where is the Washington?

Take a look at this :

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=434500&Y=387000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&scale=10000&advanced=&multimap.x=363&multimap.y=169

I think its on the corner of Wellington Street and Fitzwilliam Street.

Also I would recommend approaching it from Wellington Street.

Nomme

The Washington is just besides Devonshire Green, its on the same road as the Mad Greek Restaurant if that helps.