Anyone know of voluntary work needed straight away?

I'm unemployed at the moment and I'm in Sheffield until this Saturday (19th Dec). Does anyone know of voluntary work that you can just go and join in with without a delay? Would love to fill these four days and do something helpful as well!

Are you looking at anything in particular? I know a lot of animal shelters/rescues really appreciate any help they can get and you can usually just give them a ring and go up more or less straight away.

Really looking for work with people I suppose, homeless, asylum seekers etc... Thanks for that though nox, I wasn't very specific in my question. I may act on your suggestion if I can't find something else.

Ah right ok, only thing I can think of is Saint Wilfrids drop in centre for homeless people, might be worth looking into that?

St Wilfrids centre is great. They have a really good atmosphere (and the food is ace)

What about the Archer project near the Cathedral

The OP was only in Sheffield in December - see first post.

Closing.