New Mexican Tapas: Chimi di Changa

If anyone has ever been to Jocosa bar on West Street, they will know that it has earned it's place. It's sleek and modern inside with a nice colouring to it and on a night out it's a great place to get it started.

I felt that there was something missing, however, and hadn't visited it for a while.

I decided to pop in recently to give it another looking, and to my surprise they were advertising the launch of a new kitchen - they have started serving Mexican-style tapas!

I took a look at the menu and the prices are generous, and considering the portions you get for your money it's pretty good! Being a student, it's also notable that they offer a 10% discount, aswell as for local businesses and lecturers.

I've already booked a few tables for me and my friends just before Christmas before we hit the town, looking forward to a good night.

I was given a flyer and a business card by the main man and I decided to pass on the good publicity, anyone who fancies some well prepared tapas and a nice night on the big West Street should get down.

They have a website I do believe, although it was a work in progress last time I checked, give them a looking if tapas is your thing (if it isn't you should seriously give it a try, I LOVE tapas!)

http://www.chimidichanga.co.uk

Forgive my cynicism, but are you the owner or manager? If you're after advertising your business you're in the wrong section...

Not at all! I suppose I am advertising in a way, but not for my benefits, it's a genuinely good eat.

6 posts on 5 different threads all on the same day essentially saying the same thing seems a little suspect I have to say.

At the very least it's overkill.

call it what you like, i've not used my account up until now so if this is my first active day in a sense, not much else to expect. I'm not going to post anymore up, this is the only thread I'm starting, if you'd like to comment about tapas rather than the fact that I have posted in more than one place about tapas, then feel free.

This really is the most blatant advertising I have ever seen.

answer me this, if it is a mexican resteraunt, why is it called "chimi di changa" ?

surely the name would be in spanish..

Like I said, I'm not the owner mate. If you want to know the origins of the name, go in and ask them?

You may not be the owner, but the way that is written is quite blantently an advert.

e.g. you do not appear to have eaten in there yet "I've already booked a few tables for me and my friends just before Christmas" however you say that the portions are generous and its well prepared...how can you know this?

Plus, even for a work in progress, may I suggest to the owner if they read this thread, to hire a better web designer.

i'm pretty sure that i mentioned i've eaten in there.

"I decided to pop in recently to give it another looking, and to my surprise they were advertising the launch of a new kitchen - they have started serving Mexican-style tapas!"

look, if people don't want to read a review for a restaurant, don't read one!

and dont lecture me about the state of a website ive got nothing to do with!

how about you read my post fully before jumping on the bandwagon next time?

I'm sorry...which part of my post was lecturing you about a website you have nothing to do with? Did YOU read MY post fully before slating me?

Your sentence does not actually mention you've eaten in there, just went in, had a chat to the 'main man' and booked a table...

okay, so maybe "and considering the portions you get for your money it's pretty good!" and "anyone who fancies some well prepared tapas and a nice night" wasn't clear enough.

Just to clear it up.

I have eaten there. The food is great. The atmosphere is great.

I wouldn't review something if I hadn't eaten there, that would defeat the object of a review.

Get off your high horse mate, nobody likes an arrogant arse hole.

I'm sorry...which part of my post was lecturing you about a website you have nothing to do with? Did YOU read MY post fully before slating me?

Your sentence does not actually mention you've eaten in there, just went in, had a chat to the 'main man' and booked a table...

Pearlster, I think that you have taken Satyrs' comments wrongly. Your OP doesn't seem to have stated that you had eaten there and that may be the reason for the unessessary replys from others. Satyr suggested to the owner if they read this thread, to hire a better web designer. So i don't think that Satyr needs to get off his high horse and probably agrees with you that 'nobody likes an arrogant arsehole :hihi:

I think that we should have now established that you have eaten there, and enjoyed it, and you are not the manager especially if you read your other posts that we can see that you are a student. Sorted:thumbsup: