Stolen scooter from Hillsborough!

Hi all,

Woken up this morning to my partner's scooter been stolen from outside the house (Wynyard Rd)

Is nothing sacred anymore??! :huh::rant:

It had all the relevant locks on and large disabling chain and it's still gone.

Really mad and fustrated as it's his only means of transport!

I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows of it's whereabout's, sees it being driven etc we'd be highly appreciative.

'Direct Bikes' sign on the bike

Silver and Blue

50cc

Carrier box on back

Picture:

http://www.kickstartonline.co.uk/vehicledetailed.asp?VehcileID=853

Thank you all xxx

Edited by mel77

I suggest you look up the thieves posing as scrap men thread on here. Bikes and lawnmowers are usually more their thing, but I think there's a strong chance this was their work as you're in their prime operating area and a (locked) scooter could, I guess, easily be lifted into their van.

Thanks Dan

Is the 'scrap' thread legit?! (or where you being sarcastic!? :rolleyes:) Where about's is it?

ta x

wow this is really discusting , i live near Hillsbrough and ill be sure to think twice about keeping my scooter safe.

Why can't the police and PCSOs catch these people?! They're quick to tell people off for swearing or for dropping a chocolate wrapper, while the lawbreakers who DO THINGS TO PEOPLE get away with it! I'm fed up of this mad country! The thief of this scooter surely is more of a priority!!

I hope I am proud to be British but sometimes there isn't much to be patriotic about. This stupid country where law-enforcers have lost the plot makes me feel embarrassed about this country, it really does.

If someone wants to nick something ,it doesnt matter how many chains etc you use, they will take it.A mate of mine used to keep his scooter at the back of the garage,then park the car in front.The thieves broke into the garage, carried the scooter over the car, then over the 6ft high fence at the back of the garden and onto the footpath at the back.

If someone wants to nick something ,it doesnt matter how many chains etc you use, they will take it.A mate of mine used to keep his scooter at the back of the garage,then park the car in front.The thieves broke into the garage, carried the scooter over the car, then over the 6ft high fence at the back of the garden and onto the footpath at the back.

Son had his car nicked last week. Luckily, he managed to find it - phoned Police and they wanted £120 to come and tow it away. At this stage he didn't know how bad it was so wouldn't pay. They said only way they would investigate was if he paid the money. We got it brought home with our breakdown cover - Poice not interested.