Nail bars

Does anyone know of a good one? I have never had my nails done professionally before and I really want them doing! I can't grow my own nails for the life of me, they always snap or break :( I'm after acrilic extensions, but I don't want to pay a fortune! The cheapest I have seen are £22 on the Stradbroke shops (Phazes) which are done by a pro, and the cheapest junior price is £14 at York house near Asda at Handsworth. I'd prefer them to be done by a Pro, so does anyone know of some good, but reasonably priced places?

Manor Park Centre shops has a new nail bar. I know the woman who owns it and she's a pro, very good. My neighbour has hers done there a lot. It's pretty cheap I think. Give it a try. It's right at the bottom of the shops, where the Indian used to be. If you live at Stradbroke you'll know where I mean.

Chloé

I don't know where you mean lol :roll: I've only ever been on the manor in the car, I've never walked round and had a nosy at things. Whats it called?

Think it's called Solar, you can't miss it. It's like a light green I think. Both 93 and 25 buses drop you off outside it. I got a price list somewhere, but can't for the life of me find it. :roll:

Chloe

I go on those buses fairly regualry so i will have a nosy! Thanks!

will we see a pic of the "new nails"? :lol:

Haha you can if you like! It'll take me quite a while to save up for them too because I want them airbrushed and thats at least another tenner on the bill! Damn! It's going to be difficult for me to find the time to have them done once I've saved up for them! I'll have to take time out of my studies for some much needed "Me" time! lol!

There's a really good one opened in Hillsborough called Hollywood Nails, but they are not cheap! I had silk wraps done for £35 but they are the best I've ever had and the technicians (all chinese) have lots of fancy gadgets which I've never seen before. I would definitely recommend them, especially for a special occasion.

Sounds great! I'm sure my parents will treat me when I do well in my exams!!!!! :lol: Can you remember how much nail art was?

I do't know how much nailart is, but they did a girl's while I was in and the effect was brilliant! There are loads of designs on the walls and the one that I thought was really different was the Burberry check! I had a french manicure finish - the white tips were airbrushed on - and the clear polish they put on afterwards is still as good as new after 2 weeks worth of showers, washing up and typing for England. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same stuff as they use on boats! I hope you do 'blindin' in your exams!! Good Luck with them!! :wink:

hey caprice, while you are here, how did the interview at 6thform go?