Laptop charging/power up problems

Hi

I'm trying to using my Samsung R60+ laptop which has been in storage for a few months now and when i try to charge/power it up, it wont do. I have to move the power cable around for a while to catch the connector at the right angle and hold it there for the charge/power light to come on. This stays on for either minutes or goes off right away so I was just wondering if the battery is completly dead or a problem with the connector. The power adapter has been tested and is fine. It wont power up with the battery removed either.

Thank you

sounds like the connector in the laptop itself if youve tested the lead and that works

it should work without the battery when its plugged in

have you tried without the battery in and wiggling the wire? did it work?

Yes tried that too but the lights dont come on as much then. It did come on first time I plugged it in and got as far as the login screen but just doenst seem to have enough power in it to get that far now.

1. Is the 'socket' of the laptop loose? It might need re-soldering or a new one at a reputable Samsung repair shop.

2. Does it come on when you move the connector wire from the charger? If so it sounds like a possible break in the wire to the jack connection = new charger.

3. As you are having problems without the battery it is either 1 or 2 above (could be both?)

4. Lastly, as for the battery, these normally only last for 12 months from new so if older than that you may need a battery as well at some point - remember, Nicad batteries rot from the day they are manufactured so never buy a spare and check the date of manufacture of the one being sold to you.

The socket at the back of the machine is secure and the charger has been tested with a voltage tester and shows up fine.

I finally managed to get it working after wiggling the power connector about for a while and the laptop charged up fine. But as i moved it, the connector moved slightly and it stopped charging but had enough battery power to work. Looks like there is a problem with the connector jack at the back of the laptop. Just hope it wont cost too much to have repaired.