Would a nice god allow bad things to happen?

the other meaning of the word 'earth' that you are desperately trying to exploit is in the modern English language.

The bible was not written in modern English, try again.

Earth. Old English eorðe "ground, soil, dry land," also used for "the material world" as opposed to the heavens or the underworld.

The earth considered as a planet was so called from c.1400.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=earth

Added.

In the Hebrew it is that word again "adamah" which has been translated as Adam but in the context of the creation account means from out of the earth. Just like scientists tell us.

אדמה

'ădâmâh

ad-aw-maw'

From soil (from its general redness): - country, earth, ground, husband [-man] (-ry), land.

Adam is the proper name for the father of Cain and Abel and he comes much later.

Science is proving the Bible correct and I mean it.

Edited by Grahame

The earth is what I stand on. It is about a foot square.

And yet the word used in Isaiah 54 for Earth is Eh'rets, funny thing is tho Grahame, in Hebrew it's primary meaning is whole Earth.

Earth. Old English eorðe "ground, soil, dry land," also used for "the material world" as opposed to the heavens or the underworld.

The earth considered as a planet was so called from c.1400.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=earth[/Quote]

And? I have shown you the hebrew and what it means, don't believe me go look it up.

Added.

In the Hebrew it is that word again "adamah" which has been translated as Adam but in the context of the creation account means from out of the earth. Just like scientists tell us.[/Quote]

And as you have been told numerous times it contextually makes no sense to apply this meaning.

Since I have asked you before, and you didn't do it.

"The first man, Adam, became a living person."

Or

"Just as we are now like Adam, the man of the earth, so we will someday be like Christ, the man from heaven."

Or

"Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven."

Take the passages above, replace 'Adam' with a word that you think best represents it's meaning in English based on what you have said above, then post them, so we can see how much sense they make.

אדמה

'ădâmâh

ad-aw-maw'

From soil (from its general redness): - country, earth, ground, husband [-man] (-ry), land.

So? Why don't you post what Adam means, and not adamah?

Adam is the proper name for the father of Cain and Abel and he comes much later.

Nah, he doesn't Grahame

Science is proving the Bible correct and I mean it.

No it's not as science doesn't prove anything.

And? I have shown you the hebrew and what it means, don't believe me go look it up.

And as you have been told numerous times it contextually makes no sense to apply this meaning.

Since I have asked you before, and you didn't do it.

"The first man, Adam, became a living person."

Or

"Just as we are now like Adam, the man of the earth, so we will someday be like Christ, the man from heaven."

Or

"Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven."

Take the passages above, replace 'Adam' with a word that you think best represents it's meaning in English based on what you have said above, then post them, so we can see how much sense they make.

So? Why don't you post what Adam means, and not adamah?

Nah, he doesn't Grahame

No it's not as science doesn't prove anything.

Three things.

1) We are talking about the flood and the word is adamah which means soil.

2) The word in Isaiah is erets as you say and it means, to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land): - X common, country, earth, field, ground, land.

3) Paul in Corithians is talking about mans nature the "Adamic" nature and not the actual person.

Firstly your appraisal is very shallow, secondly it is you who is knocking on my internet door and I wish you please wouldn't because I feel the same about you and your ilk as you feel about the Jehovah Witnesses, mind you there is something we are agreed on, :) so why don't you practise what you preach and stop thrusting yourself on other people, thirdly I only come on and reply to people like yourself when you start 'knocking' Christianity and if a religious post comes up I exercise my right to express an opinion, and fourthly your attempt at suppressing free speech makes you look like one of those dictators we read about in the history books.

Did I detect a little anger there Grahame, surely you are supposed to turn the other cheek, any one of the other three I suppose.

I am pleased that God is on your side, you need him.